Lauren Cartwright Resume
LAUREN NICOLE CARTWRIGHT
8204 SE 62nd St., Mercer Island, WA 98040
------------ • ------------
Strong record of independent community leadership and academic success. Dedicated to continuous learning and passionate about biology, veterinary medicine, and animal welfare. Additional focus in Biotechnology courses.
• Experience in student leadership, with senior roles in student government and philanthropy organizations
• Strong critical thinking and intellectual curiosity, with a willingness to learn, share, and improve
• Technical skills: Microsoft O365 Certification; Photoshop & Video editing;HTML
• Skilled in public speaking, visual and written communications
CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, San Luis Obispo, CA Current
• College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences, Pre-veterinary Program
• College of Science and Math, accepted to Biology degree program; Academic Honor’s Society
• Herbarium Botany Program: Collection, catalog, and environmental documentation of west coast botanical specimens
• Cal Poly Cat Shelter Volunteer
MERCER ISLAND HIGH SCHOOL, Mercer Island, WA Class of 2017
• National Merit Commended Scholar; Honors Student with Science/Pre-Med focus (AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Statistics, AP US History, Honors Physics & English); Community Service Award
• Student Body Government; Association of Washington Student Leaders; Varsity athlete in Swimming; Track
HOMEGROWN – Sandwich Partner, Mercer Island, WA 2016 - 2018
Regional restaurant focused on sustainability & environmental conservation, changing the food system for the better, and delivering the best products and customer service.
• Acquired skills in efficient operational management, customer service, and quality standards, including extensive training on local farming, organic certification, and food processing.
DOG TRAINING – Independent Business 2010-2016 Developed independent business based on referrals and recommendations.
• Experienced in training animals in both obedience and agility skills. Over 50+ hours of education in Guide Dogs for the Blind Training Courses and 4 years of personally training multiple breeds.
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND EXPERIENCE:
CAL POLY CAT SHELTER 2018 Cared for over 30 resident cats, feeding, watering, and cleaning cages, administered medication on a schedule
SEATTLE HUMANE SOCIETY 2016 – 2017
• Kitten Foster Parent
NATIONAL CHARITY LEAGUE 2014 - 2017
• VP Philanthropy: Successfully wrote and received supplementary grant funding for Angeline's Homeless Shelter for Women in Seattle. Responsible for organizing and planning yearlong volunteer cycle and fund raising events. Logged a cumulative 400+ hours volunteering for multiple different charities and philanthropies
RUSTIC PATHWAYS – Chiang Mai, Thailand 2015
• Thai Elephant Conservation Project
UNIVERSITY UNION ADVISORY BOARD 2018-PRESENT
• Member of Diversity and Inclusion Committee
• Member of Student Engagement Committee
• Oversee, approve, and create projects affecting the Cal Poly University Union, Recreation Center, and Sports Fields, while working in conjunction with Executive Cabinet and Cal Poly Board of Directors
CAL POLY DESIGN FOR AMERICA 2018-PRESENT
• Create projects to benefit the greater San Luis Obispo community, work in large groups to achieve a common goal
• Acquired skills in problem solving, engineering, project management, and teamwork
CAL POLY WOMENS RUGBY CLUB 2018-PRESENT
• Cal Poly club sport