Kyle Christensen Mechanical Engineer
------------ · 2755 Lakeside Dr. Reno, Nevada · ------------
Professional Summary Accredited mechanical engineering candidate with 2+ years of experience in HVAC, plumbing, building commissioning, energy consultation and construction. Extensive experience and understanding of engineering principles to effectively test and commission mechanical systems. Experience utilizing CAD software to develop mechanical engineering designs and calculations. Knowledgeable on permitting process for the California and international energy code. Skilled energy consultant in modeling buildings for energy efficiency compliance.
Core Competencies and Achievements
- 20+ HVAC and plumbing design projects using AutoCAD, and Revit software
- Mechanical engineering commissioning reports and field testing on
o Truckee Meadows Water Authority Laboratory Reno, NV
o BRT Bruce R. Thompson Courthouse Reno, NV
o Bighorn Clubhouse Palm springs, CA
- 100+ UFV (Underfloor Ventilation Design) various clients in California
- 100+ HERS verifications (Home Energy Rating System) various clients in California
- 100+ Energy audits and energy efficiency reports with various clients in California
- Design thesis airfoil testing apparatus for University of Nevada, Reno research team
Professional Engineering Experience
Energy Consultant Oct. 2018- May 2019
Energy consultant in Reno, NV. Utilized EnergyPRO and REScheck software and prior mechanical experience to model energy efficient buildings for California and international building codes to achieve positive percent compliance for the permit process.
Bender Engineering and Construction, Inc. June 2016- Aug. 2018
Mechanical design engineer utilized AutoCAD and Revit software to develop, design and draft mechanical systems in building construction. Accomplished data gatherer and energy consultant for building code efficiency standards. Commissioning engineering agent involved in field testing and technical report writing for functionality and proper implementation.
University of Nevada, Reno
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Graduated May 2016
-Minor in Renewable Energy
Mechanical Engineer, Revit, AutoCAD