Kevin Tsuru's Resume
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Graduated: May 2020
Major: Environmental Sciences, Policy, and Management
Minor: Soil Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.54
Relevant Coursework: Soil Conservation and Land-use Management, Soil and Environmental Biology, Botany, GIS for Natural Resources, Ecology, Hydrology and Water Quality Field Methods, Hydrology and Watershed Management, Field Study of Soils, Wetland Soils, Plant Nutrients in the Environment, Problem Solving: Environmental Review, and Natural Resource and Environmental Policy.
Rice Creek Watershed District
Communication and Outreach Intern February 2020- May 2020
• Created promotional material including: a Stormwater Pond Toolkit, an article showcasing the Adopt-a-Drain program, Facebook posts, and a postcard and survey to communicate with the agricultural community on a Water Quality Grant Program.
• Communicated with partners and coworkers about changes to events because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Department of Forest Resources at the University of Minnesota
Student Researcher in Watershed Hydrology May 2019- February 2020
• Hiked off-trail and while carrying equipment to reach the sample sites, where measurements and data collection were obtained within the stream and equipment was installed and maintained.
• Followed laboratory protocol to conduct chemical, physical, and biological experiments on field-samples, and then catalogued and analyzed the data.
Wilmette Parks and Planning
Maintenance Laborer Summer 2017 and 2018
• Worked in small teams to maintain all the parks in the village, by operating lawncare machinery daily and in all weather conditions.
• Occasionally assigned independent tasks from the foreman: garbage collection, equipment maintenance, and watering trees.
Skills and Relevant Experience
• Sediment Erosion Control Specialist certification as of May 2019
• MPCA Turfgrass Maintenance Environmental Certification Training on 4/21/2020
• Proficient in ArcGIS Pro, Microsoft Excel and Word, and R-Studio
• Hard worker who can participate in both physically intensive and lab settings
• Customer service skills and professional communication experience
• Wetland delineation experience in class
environment, science, landscape, conservation, hydrology, soil