Kennedy Cooper - Resume
To expand my knowledge and experience in digitally mediated communication. I hope to contribute to the creation and implementation of digital media marketing strategies across multiple social, web and video channels as well as continuing to pursue my degree as an eSociety major at the University of Arizona.
Averill’s Flathead Lake Lodge, Bigfork, MT (Summer 2016-2019)
Highly acclaimed third-generation family guest ranch in Northwest Montana offering an exceptional and authentic western hospitality experience.
Teen Activity Coordinator: 2019
• Create, plan and manage activities designed for teens ages 11-19. Activities included: Seven mile paddleboard trip on the Swan River, Arrow Tag, and opening night ice-breaker activity at remote cabin.
• Ensure safe transport and operation of teen program, including operation of 15 passenger van.
• Safety of teens during all activities.
• Safely handling and operating ranch equipment.
• Represent esteemed FLL culture to achieve highest possible level a guest satisfaction.
Wait staff: 2016-2018
• Assist in the operations of the dining room and Front of House guest experience with all facets of the food and beverage service:
o Is responsible for the cleanliness, set up, tear down and general presentation of all food and beverage operations.
o Works with Executive Chef and Dining Room Manager to execute desired service style for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
o Assisting guests with special orders, dietary needs and allergy issues.
o Wash dishes on rotational basis.
o Capable of being on feet for up to 8 hours a day, as well as lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
Schaefer’s Fine Dining, Bigfork, MT (November 2018-April 2019)
• Consistently provided professional, friendly and engaging service in a fine dining atmosphere.
• Assisted guests with menu choices through knowledge of menu items, ingredients, garnishes, preparation methods and wine pairings.
• Increased revenue through skillful promotion of items on beverage lists and restaurant specials.
• Worked well independently where attention to detail was a must.
• Received customer and managerial compliments regarding my excellent service, exceptional attention to detail and positive attitude.
The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain, Marana, AZ (October 2017-May 2018)
Lobby Lounge Server: Responsible for anticipating the needs of ladies and gentlemen while upholding the expectation and tradition of excellent Forbes Five Star service.
• Delivered exceptional service in the lobby lounge restaurant through extensive knowledge of menu items.
• Strong teamwork with Banquet department in providing service for private parties and events.
• Handled closing duties at end of shift.
• Maintaining the Ritz-Carlton Five-Star property status by meeting monthly company performance audits.
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, Oro Valley, AZ (September 2012- May 2017)
• Executed daily menu presentation and shared distinguished knowledge of prime meat selections and other high quality menu items.
• Provided wine presentations and recommendations to a discerning clientele.
• Collaborated with the kitchen through P.O.S and verbally to maximize the customer satisfaction.
• Anticipated and fulfilled guest needs and requests.
• Optimized special celebratory occasions.
• Fulfilled assigned side work before check-out process with manager on duty.
• Scheduled all reservations, greeted customers and escorted them to their seats.
• Performed dining room preparatory work for opening and closing.
• Assisted setting up of large parties.
• Informed server of any special celebratory occasion or dietary restriction.
• Used tact and diplomacy in skilled handling of customer complaints.
• Trained new hires.
Pusch Ridge Christian Academy - Tucson, AZ – (Graduated: May 2013)
Pima Community College - Tucson, AZ (2013-2018) - Field of study: Liberal Arts/Associates degree
University of Arizona (Junior) – Tucson, AZ (present) – Field of study: eSociety
Softball (2003-2013) 2012 Division 4 High School State Champions, Oro Valley All-Star Team
Band - Saxophone (2007-2015)
Voice Lessons (2008-Present)
Christian Youth Theatre (2009-2010) Music Man, Annie, Wizard of Oz
High School Worship Team (2012-2013)
Skills, Hobbies & Interests
Singing The National Anthem for Tucson events, personal fitness, writing, hiking, music, CPR awareness, American Sign Language, public speaking, collaborative teamwork, collaborative problem solving, activity coordination, customer engagement, online social networking (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+), digital storytelling, attention to detail, organizational skills.
References available upon request
Photo of me