Kelly Ludew Resume
-Permanent move to New York City to start a Global Communications PT Internship at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum!
-Looking to work PT as a dog walker ; friendly, communicative, dependable and trustworthy. I have a Bernese Mt. Dog at home and love animals!
Kelly Annette Ludew
792 Dekalb Avenue, #3
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Wheaton College, MA 17’ Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Film & New Media Studies
Tufts Graduate Program in Museum Studies, Certificate Program, Fall 2018-Fall 2019
Auction Assistant February 2018-Present
Skinner Auctions, Boston
· Prepping gallery space for auctions/previews, managing lot inventory, assisting clients with art handling and packing, working reception events, phone bidding with clients.
Visitor Assistant January 2018-Present
Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston
· Serving as education staff to help visitors understand the art and engage in enlightening conversation
· Serving as security staff to update visitors on policies and keep artwork safe
· Deliver Pop Up Talks,a frequent program where a VA hosts an informative discussion with visitors about featured pieces of artwork. Research preparation required.
· Host Books & Looks, a weekly program where a VA read art books to young kids, followed by a creative Q&A session
· Additional responsibilities as a Gallery Operator: Covering Gallery Supervisor as needed to open and close the galleries, schedule Visitor Assistant breaks, report damaged art, report notable visitor experiences, training in emergency preparedness
Intern/Volunteer Spring 2017-Present
Attleboro Arts Museum, Attleboro, MA
· Assisted museum’s exhibition team to install multiple exhibitions. Duties included painting and prepping objects for object installation, hanging artwork and greeting visitors.
· Continued intern role as a volunteer to assist museum during high volume events, the annual Flower Show and Snow Ball Auction. Headed the gift shop counter, ran the jewelry auction station, aided the kid’s activity corner, etc.
Curatorial Team Member Fall 2016
Beard & Weil Galleries, Wheaton College
· One of 12 students selected for advanced seminar course focused on Exhibition Design. Collaborated with faculty, staff, and students on all aspects of development, curation, and installation for It’s Elemental: Water, which opened on December 1, 2016
· Tasks included selecting and researching objects, designing exhibition layout, installing objects, and assisting in marketing. Authored 4 object labels and 2 podcasts, and co-authored section text
Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, Wordpress, Spreadsheets (Excel, OpenOffice), Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
dog walker, dependable, part time, new york city