Keli Freeman Resume
Strategic, innovative and decisive marketing and communications visionary with a proven record of success driving increased revenue, audience engagement and creative thinking. Skilled and well-established in sales, merchandising, content writing and market research. Strong sense of adaptability, applying critical thinking skills to deliver effective strategies to progressive business environments. Adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop strategic plans, execute creative direction and deliver valued experiences.
Griffin Communications Tulsa, OK Jan. 2015 – Present Producer
Directs newscast operations for hour-long weekday morning show. Develops news content and coordinates plans with anchors, reporters, weather and traffic.
• Upholds quality standard of capturing live shots of footage for daily viewership;
• Increased ratings by 20% in 2017 and 12% in 2018 for 7am morning show; enriched graphic and video elements of show; research and book guest interviews for shows.
• Collaborates with Executive Producer and other Producers to adopt story selection, placement, length, editorial treatment and overall presentation.
Sam’s Club Bentonville, AR MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT (Feb. 2013 – Dec. 2014)
Impacted sales and product selection process for multiple categories, including grills and seasonal décor, for online retail store. Contributed creative plans and ideas to buyer’s process of promoting product to increase sales and customer engagement.
• Determined cost of and sell of product by state, city, county and club; grew sales to
$20M, exceeded sales goal by 5%.
• Conducted market research and trend analysis to select and manage items for
marketing and promotion; scheduled product demonstrations and prepared materials.
• Executed creation and set up of all online items, overseeing entire process from
proposal to item listing; communicated with buyers, suppliers and replenishment to create multiple new items per month.
Sam’s Club Bentonville, AR ASSISTANT BUYER (May 2008 – Feb. 2013)
Delivered analytical, operational and clerical support to buyer in jewelry and accessories departments of online retail store. Developed merchandising strategies to meet category goals of remaining current on customer purchasing and industry advancing trends.
• Drove $7.2M in fiscal year sales by performing cost-benefit analysis to maximize
profit; monitored sales, margin, inventory turns and item pricing and markdowns.
• Fostered new and maintained existing supplier relationships to advance category
development; managed 20+ jewelry and accessory suppliers and brands.
• Designed and launched digital special-order catalog, increased orders $19M.
• Enhanced creative direction by collaborating with cross-functional teams to create
multi-channel merchandise strategy; worked with marketing and digital teams to strategizing SEO and key marketing vehicles in digital space.
Walmart, Inc. Bentonville, AR
SR. PROGRAM COORDINATOR – Competency Modeling and Assessments
Project Management, Planning, Market Research, Communications, Media Relations