Kawaljot Kaur- Resume
xxx-xxx-xxxx | xxx-xxx-xxxx : xxx-xxx-xxxx
“A creative strategist who bridges Public Relations with Corporate Communications” ________________________________________________________
Summary of Qualifications
● Knowledge of media relations, strategic communication plans, public relations and internal communications.
● Creative Team Leadership, Critical thinker and proactive individual with outstanding writing, speaking and copy-editing skills.
● Skilled storyteller with experience in creating compelling communication and digital media campaigns.
● Dedicated team player with demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, create engaging and collaborative work environment and develop long term professional relationships.
● Critical thinker with analytical skills, tech savvy and able to work independently to meet deadlines under extreme pressure.
● Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Analytics, Web Server Administration, Search Engine Optimization, Cision, Hootsuite, Wordpress, Meltwater, Adobe Design Suite, Constant Contact.
● Office Skills: Content creation and copywriting, Public & Media Relations
● Soft Skills: Strong Written and Oral communication skills, Fluent in English, Hindi and Punjabi
Communications Associate and Content Writer Jan 2019 - March 2019
Via Advanced Technologies | Toronto, Ontario
● Establishing and maintaining the business’s online presence across 4 digital media channels to drive organizational goals and implement communication strategies.
● Assisted in creating, curating and managing timely and engaging content for websites, blogs, product descriptions, and other digital media sources. Record, Review and update the company's communication materials.
● Managed an active calendar of social media posts, prepared communication resources, developed media lists, organized 3+ monthly meetings and their logistics (scheduling, preparing the facility, organizing material, and attendee binders)
Corporate Communications and Public Relations Intern Aug 2018 - Oct 2018 YWCA Canada | Toronto, Ontario
● Developed daily media scans which successfully had an open rate higher than the industry standard i.e above 56%.
● Researched and developed promotional material, newsletters and press releases, ensuring that all marketing materials maintained a high level of quality and positively promoted the brand.
● Co-produced 3 press releases, media lists, and pitches for media outlets.
● Maintaining the social media calendar and regularly posting on all social media platforms of the organization
● Maintained consistent relationship and communication with trade media outlets and journalists.
Communications and Executive Associate Jan 2015 - Oct 2016 Optomart | India
● Maintained desk duties, developed communications material, keeping a record of meeting minutes, face-to-face interaction with customers, assisted with products and services provided by the business.
● Develop promotional communication materials such as print-outs, website content, pamphlets and newsletters in coordination with staff.
● Support marketing and business initiatives by providing counsel on brand management and handling social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
● Planning and implementing communication strategies and keeping track of company related news published in the media.
Education & Certifications
Public Relations & Corporate Communications, Post Graduate Certificate 2018 - Centennial College, Toronto,ON
International Business Management, Post Graduate Certificate 2017 - Centennial College, Toronto, ON
Economics Honors — Bachelor's Degree 2016 - IIS University, Jaipur, India
Communications, Public Relations