2223 NW Hoyt
Portland, OR 97210
Education and Professional Qualifications
January 2019Concordia University
MAT in Secondary Education (in progress)
Endorsements in ELA and ESL
September 2017Teaching House, New York
Cambridge CELTA, Pass B
September 2009Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, FL
-June 2014B.A. Arts; Major: English
Professional Fundraiser for ACLU
• Face to face fundraising for a non-profit organization to raise community awareness and increase memberships. Gaining interpersonal and public speaking skills. Consistently ranked as one of the top ten canvassers in the Portland. Currently sitting on the company’s guidance council on behalf of the workers.
Oct 2017 – Dec 2018Kaplan International College
Academic Coordinator, Saudi Arabian Student Advisor, DSO
• Promotion from teacher to Academic Office. Worked closely with professional staff and served as a liaison between administration and instructors. Conducted bi-weekly teacher observations and provided professional feedback.
• Taught the Kaplan ESL curriculum to a variety of International students, ranging from beginner to proficient levels. Taught a variety of courses; Integrated Skills, Specific Skills, Theatre, Business English, and American Culture.
Aug 2016-June 2017 Liuzhou High School, China
ESL Teacher, Supervisor
• Lead teacher for a variety of ESL courses in a Chinese International High School Program. Assisted in the creation of the ESL curriculum, student placement, teacher recruitment, and selection of content-based materials. Responsible for observing teachers, leading weekly meetings, and providing feedback.
Dec 2014-May 2016 HiValue Company, Thailand
ESL Teacher, Team Leader
• Planned and conducted weekly lesson plans for primary and secondary schools. Actively participated in academic and cultural events. Currently recruiting teachers for company on a monthly basis.
Languages: English (native), Beginner Spanish
Skills: Highly Adept at programs within Microsoft Office, Certified Yoga Teacher, Teaching, Fundraising, Sales, Writing, Typing.
Interests:Travel, Activism, Environment, Volunteer Work, Humanitarian Issues.