Juan Felipe Balcazar's Resume
JUAN FELIPE BALCAZAR
Mobile Contact: xxx-xxx-xxxx | Email Contact: xxx-xxx-xxxx
London Film School – London, England April 2019
Master of Arts in Filmmaking
American University – Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts, double major in Communication: Visual Media and Philosophy May 2011
Downbound Wayfarer, Graduation film – London, England October 2018- April 2019
Writer, Director, Editor
• Shot in the desert of Bardenas Reales, Spain, with a crew of international industry professionals.
• Edited using Avid Media Composer software.
• Supervised and orchestrated entire post-postproduction process in London, UK.
Fearful Assembly, Short film – London, England April – July 2017
• Pitched to a filmmaking panel and was chosen as one of three directors to make a short film
using one studio location.
VOICE Charter School – Queens, New York April 2014 – July 2015
• Translated school reports from English to Spanish.
• Performed administrative and office duties such as answering phone calls and e-mails.
E&A World Traders – Queens, New York May- October 2014
• Shot and edited photographs of products in E-commerce website.
• Created photographic library of products.
Dean Street Studios – Brooklyn, NY September 2013- April 2014
Editor and Production Assistant
• Filmed and edited videos of fundraising events.
• Promoted video projects through the use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
• Assisted in the production of “Barking Hand” music video.
• Edited “Barking Hand” music video.
Hill and Knowlton Strategies – Washington, DC May- August 2010
• Researched various energy-related issues in English and Spanish media.
• Drafted reports for U.S. government and energy clients based on media research.
American University Career Center – Washington, DC September 2009-May 2010
New Media Assistant
• Filmed and edited video marketing materials.
DB Consulting Group, Inc. – Silver Spring, MD October 2005- May 2008
• Interviewed refugees and completed reports for an annual survey of the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement.
Film Production – Video and Sound Editing – Sound Recording – Screenwriting.
Ability to read, write and speak in English and Spanish - Ability to meet the demands of deadline-oriented assignments.
Software: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Photoshop, Avid Pro Tools, Social Media.
Filmmaking, Video Editing, Directing. Screenwriting