Josh Clingan CV
I am a 26 year old professional ready to learn from your company and its employees, drive success, develop myself, share knowledge with those around me and achieve at the top level within your business. I am seeking a world of new challenges and hungry to seize opportunities that I am ready to earn. If you are seeking someone with professionalism, creative flair, mathematical intuition and full of initiative my qualification and experience has given me a broad array of skills and methods of thinking which I am keen to utilise and share. A combination of work and studies through luxury retail, design and hospitality has given me great problem solving ability finding a route to achievement comes naturally to me. I thrive in fast paced environments within a team as I enjoy leading colleagues and advising clients/customers alike as well as being confident to work alone.
Selfridges & Co. – Brand Manager – Paul Smith Formalwear (June 2017 – June 2018)
- Manage Team; this includes driving the team as well as the department’s KPI’s.
- Interviews and recruitment.
- Trade Reports.
- Communicate issues with Department Manager.
- Brief team; which involves the target for the day and week and what actions needs to be achieved to exceed the department.
- Oversee alterations.
- Manage stock.
- Buyers walk talk through previous week wins and losses and upcoming week.
- Go on the buy for each season.
- Communicate with the brand.
- Run various incentives.
- Organise events for the departments involving staff and customers.
- VM for department.
Selfridges & Co. – Assistant Manager – Ralph Lauren Polo (May 2016 – June 2017)
- Team size 14.
- Encouraging team members to exceed the store target.
- Operations management including back of house.
- Ensuring all new products and higher priced products are placed on the shop floor.
- Training of comprehensive product knowledge in turn driving sales.
Selfridges – Brand Specialist – Food Concierge (May 2015 – May 2016)
- Developing Team.
- Managing Counter.
- Weekly, Quarterly and Annual Trade Reports.
- Responsible for department KPI’s.
- VM for counter.
- Communicate with buyers for custom orders.
- Achieved Food Masters & Supervisor Level 3 Food Safety & Hygine
- Communicate with marketing promo.
- Events and new ideas!
Selfridges & Co. – Cashier Supervisor Food Hall (November 2014 – May 2015)
- Overseeing 20 Staff, rotas, lunch breaks and holidays.
- Authorising refunds, till voids.
- Cash management – Set Up and Close.
- Drive and arrange the team.
Ibiza Bible – Social Media & PR Manager (May 2017 – October 2018)
- Run Social Media.
- Communicate with Founder.
- Theme posts.
- Answer customer queries.
The Sheraton Grand – Apprentice / Commis / Demi Chef (August 2010 – May 2014)
- Up keep of the section and preparation.
- Costings for dishes.
- Adding specials for the menu.
- Menu development.
- Health & Safety L3.
Vauxhall Tennis Club – Assistant Tennis Coach (June 2009 – April 2010)
- Giving great customer service at all times as well as being aware of my surroundings.
- Being a part of a successful team on the court helps to create a good atmosphere.
- Guide each individual for what is required in order to be the best player they can be.
BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design (4 Year Course) – LSBU (September 2014 – 2017)
This course covered a vast range of areas of design and engineering to ensure products will work, including; Sketching, Graphics, CAD, Surface and Solid Modelling, 3D printing, Advertising, Marketing, Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Modelling, Electrical Engineering and Mould Design.
It not only taught and developed me in these specific skills but it also matured my manor of thinking and developed my ability to think intuitively. It has given me great transferable skills and practices which I use in my day to day life around design, thinking and organisation. It gave me the necessary skill set to set up my own hat brand ‘Jog On Accoutre’ which I developed, had manufactured and successfully sold in my placement year.
Product Design (B)
11 A – C
Including Maths & English B
Maths & Mechanics (C)
Beyond anything else I like to keep busy and stay fit as it keeps me motivated and encourage others to live with the idea of ‘feel great – work great – achieve more’. To accomplish this I go to the gym and play Tennis and other sports socially. I love design and fashion, talking about new ideas, as well as listening and trying to help others with advice. I am grateful for every good and bad experience that I have been through as it gives me a greater understanding of life and different situations. Other interests include travel photography, playing the piano, working on my own clothing line, and creating new concepts. I strongly believe in giving back to your community and beyond I have been involved in various charity events including a 12,000ft skydive and bi annual charity dinners for the Keech Hospice. With hopes of my next challenge being a fundraising bike ride from one country to another!
Jack Norman – Floor Manager – Selfridges & Co. – xxx-xxx-xxxx
Lisa Gartell – Food Divisional – Selfridges & Co. – xxx-xxx-xxxx