Jonathan Han Resume
2726 N Buffalo Grove, Rd. #205, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
xxx-xxx-xxxx • xxx-xxx-xxxx
SUMMARY A dedicated professional with strong editing skills and proven technical writing success demonstrated by contributing meaningful solutions with integrity and focus.
EDUCATION University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), Class of 2015
Bachelor of Arts in English, 3.12 GPA
Honors: Dean’s List, National Society of Collegiate Scholars (2011 - 2012)
TECHNICAL SKILLS • Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, VISIO, and SnagIt Editor
• Basic knowledge of JIRA, HTML, WordPress, and Pixlr Editor
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. | Lake Zurich, IL February 2018 – Present
Policy and Procedure Writer
• Wrote and crafted a job description for a new position, the Training and Development Specialist.
• Created procedures documenting entire departmental (e.g., Transfers and Conversions department) processes from the boarding to the transferring of loans back to the client or a different servicer.
• Developed departmental work process flows and VISIO diagrams.
• Expanded knowledge of Microsoft VISIO and advanced features in Microsoft Word.
• Thrived in a Scrum/Kanban work environment.
Ceannate Corporation | Rolling Meadows, IL December 2016 – February 2017
Technical Writer Team Lead
• Trained new hires in use of software, departmental documentation style, verbiage, and proper communication etiquette with subject matter experts and members of senior management.
• Administered performance reviews and delivered constructive and critical feedback.
• Gained valuable management skills and experience from client-provided modules, direct contact with senior management, and everyday application.
• Acquired familiarity with information security compliance standards such as FISMA and NIST.
• Gained rudimentary knowledge of ISO 9000 for documentation quality assurance.
Ceannate Corporation, Rolling Meadows, IL May 2015 – Nov. 2016
• Received Moderate Risk Non-Sensitive Public Trust Position SF-85P Security Clearance by the United States Office of Personnel Management.
• Collaborated with Vice President of Compliance and senior management to create and update the Quality Control Plan, submitted to the Department of Education (FSA) quarterly, which included compliance, risk management, and quality control audits for all departments.
• Drafted and edited corporate policies, standard operating procedures, and work instructions for internal communication and training purposes.
• Conducted interviews with SMEs and members of senior management to gain insight into internal work processes for documentation.
• Expanded knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and the Chicago Manual of Style.
Concierge Preferred, Chicago, IL June – July ‘14
• Published a feature story (Chicago Outdoor Summer Adventures) in the magazine.
• Expanded knowledge in AP style and HTML coding while working on design and layout for weekly blog posts.
• Edited, fact-checked, and organized content for the print publication.
• Brainstormed and created weekly content for the ‘Chicago Weekender’ blog.
technical editor writer policy procedure