JAMIE L. MARTELLI
------------ • ------------
Young professional with well-rounded public relations experience in tech, health care, nonprofit, and freelancing. I’m looking for a meaningful position within public relations.
Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY May 2020
• Bachelor of Arts in Communications with concentrations in public relations and advertising, Minor in graphic design. Cum Laude
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) • Basic HTML and CSS • Basic SEO • WordPress • Cision • Pulsar • Critical Mention • Salesforce Social Studio • Public speaking • Communications Skills •
Freelance Web Designer, Remote April 2017–present
• Design websites or enhance websites for clients across industries worldwide.
• Ensure sites are mobile-friendly and fully-functioning for individual business needs.
Public Relations Intern, Elevate Communications, Boston, MA June–August 2019
• Assisted with media relations strategies for clients including MassMutual’s Boston headquarters development, Blue Cross Blue Shield’s BlueBike’s initiatives, and Pine Street Inn’s 50th anniversary.
• Developed media materials (media lists, advisories, and pitches), conducted outreach for editorial pitch grid, and photo captions. Managed client relations through competitor analysis, media analysis, coverage reports, and one-sheeters on topical research and relevant trends.
• Researched new business opportunities through coverage reports and trend analysis.
• Served on the Massmutual account team to develop thought leadership and awards opportunities
Public Relations Intern, March Communications, Boston, MA June-August 2018
• Accounts focused within B2B across the technology and innovation sector, including Drift.
• Assisted with the creation of media lists, thought leadership opportunities, media briefing documents and proactive pitching angles. Maintained and tracked editorial calendars
• Tracked award opportunities, assisted in increasing company’s SEO, and internal communications.
Wedding Planning Intern, Amy McLaughlin Lifestyles, Newburyport, MA May-August 2017
• Served as an assistant wedding planner. Designed and created all stationery and collateral for weddings. Coordinated with printers using bleeds and marks.
• Wrote blog posts for the company website and helped redesigned the company website from Wordpress to Wix.
CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES
Vice President of Public Relations Student Society Association May 2019- present
Tour Guide and Greeter, Marist College Admissions September 2016-present
Team Development Chair, Marist Up ‘Til Dawn May 2019-November 2019
Director of Chapter Programming Public Relations Student Society Association April 2018–May 2019
Sponsorship Chair, Marist Up ‘Til Dawn May 2017-November 2017
Executive Assistant, Marist College Student Government Association April 2017-February 2019
HONORS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Lambda Phi Eta Marist College Chapter
• National Student Leadership Society Certification, Marist Presidential College Scholarship
graphic design, leadership, creative, strategy, branding, media, influencer, writing