James Fleming Resume
37 Carstairs Road, Valley Stream, NY 11581 • Home:------------ • ------------
Experienced professional with a proven track record of developing highly effective communications, marketing and fundraising strategies. Looking to maximize full potential and help an organization achieve its goals.
Copywriting MS Office Suite
Social media Digital Marketing
Fundraising strategies Adobe Illustrator
Brand development and management Publishing
Proposal writing Grant writing
WordPress Raisers Edge
Cision Constant Contact
Meta Healthcare IT Solutions - Garden City, NY
11/10/2018 - Present
• Manage marketing team
• Write web site content
• Develop blog article
• Create email blasts
• Build an extensive social media following
• Participate in sales and business development including responding to RFPs, making corporate visits to existing and potential customer facilities, and acquiring customer references.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Sands Point Preserve Conservancy - Sands Point, NY
6/30/18 - Present (Freelance)
• Provide accurate and timely organizational information to the public, to Conservancy members and sponsors, and to the media.
• Assist in the development of promotional and fundraising campaigns, based on organizational goals.
• Develop fundraising collateral, including all communications to potential and current donors, in all platforms.
• Develop content (copy and images) for a range of promotional and fundraising publications including media releases, brochures, calendars, promotional mailings (online and print), website, social media, newsletters, signage, playbills, journals, annual reports, among others.
• Develop and maintain advertising schedule and coordinate advertisement content and production.
• Provide information and marketing/publicity materials to public relations staff and to media.
• Administrative responsibilities include developing project timelines, coordinating projects among staff and vendors, scheduling meetings, among others.
Adelphi University, Office of University Advancement – Garden City, NY
10/28/15 - 6/29/18
• Write and/or edit magazine articles, electronic newsletters, stewardship letters, acknowledgment letter templates, reports, and other advancement communications as needed.
• Manage production of a variety of advancement communications as needed.
• Coordinate with other Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations teams to develop and
implement acknowledgment and recognition strategies for donors and volunteers.
• Write news and feature articles, development-related ads, and leadership messages for magazine.
• Serve as associate editor of magazine and work with Office of Communications and Marketing staff to prepare and approve publication production, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
• Partner with colleagues on the production and distribution of stewardship videos.
• Manage and schedule contacts with donors and alumnae for photography, interviews, etc.
• Interview alumnae, donors, and special constituents for writing assignments--traveling to local sites if needed to conduct these interviews.
• Develop supplemental materials, such as biographies, executive talking points, event scripts, and other related materials.
• Collaborate with supervisor on annual communications calendar and strategy.
• Maintain university and campaign style and branding standards and review letters, meeting minutes, invitations, e-mails, Web site content, and features for content and consistency as needed.
Allstate: Corporate Relations HQ - Hauppauge, NY
3/10/15- 10/27/15 (Contract)
• Create company literature and other forms of communication.
• Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
• Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications.
• Design and launch e-mail marketing campaigns.
• Plan and deliver education courses and materials.
• Promote products and services through public relations initiatives.
• Develop marketing communications campaigns.
• Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
• Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references.
• Research media coverage and industry trends.
• Develop fresh story ideas.
• Conduct extensive media outreach.
• Coordinate scheduling and logistics.
• Manage information.
News 12 – Woodbury, NY
7/5/14 - 3/1/15
• Print and collate scripts.
• Perform research.
• Operate teleprompter.
• Log tapes.
• Take part in the editorial process.
• Propose stories to be covered.
• Write stories when assigned.
• Act as Associate Producer as necessary.
Bachelors of Arts: Communications,
Thomas Edison State University - Trenton, NJ
Moves Management Training Certification
Blackbaud- Raiser’s Edge Professional Certification