Advocacy and Political Research Intern• Education Reform Now• September 2018-Present
• Conduct supporting background research, write blog posts and research memos on federal and state policy education issues.
• Research candidates for public office on their viability to win and alignment on key education issues. Identify and summarize news articles on relevant education policy and politics.
• Provide supporting links for blog posts and citations for policy papers. Assist in organizing conferences, fundraising events, and creating invoices.
Jr. Publicist/Executive Assistant • Lauren Media Group •September 2017-Present
• Assists in organizing music industry events including artists’ album release parties, community events, and live performances.
• Generates guest lists and emails addressing photographers, DJ’s and media outlets. Prep floor cards and organize media correspondents for all events.
• Curates the calendar of music and entertainment events for clients, social media posts for Lauren Media Group, and databases of DJs and photographers.
Administrative Assistant • Sebco Development • January 2016-August 2018
• Collaborated with different department directors to ensure company’s needs and standards were met.
• Answered and dispatched calls from tenants and vendors to the appropriate personnel within property management and communicated building procedures.
• Performed office duties such as copying, faxing, and mailing correspondence. Maintained highly organized filing system for leases, tenants’ documents, insurance certificates, vendors’ and company invoices.
INTERN• ICAP Columbia University •June 2015- August 2015
• Analyzed data to compile and edit reports reflecting HIV government funded projects in Sub-Saharan Africa and Central Asian countries. Aided supervisors in research of social and political barriers in Sub-Saharan African countries.
• Attended weekly think tank meetings amongst program managers and conferences with international entities of ICAP and took concise notes of key problems and solutions.