Jacob Mougin Resume
Jacob Mougin - EIT
------------ | ------------ | 951 S Beach Blvd, La Habra, CA.
Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science: Civil Engineering May 2019
Kiewit – Santa Fe Springs, CA June 2019 – Present
Centralized Project Engineer (January 2020 – Present)
• Works closely with multiple individual project teams including wastewater treatment, and transportation projects to coordinate procurement of material, equipment, and subcontract work.
• Prepares and submits technical submittals.
• Designs temporary structures and construction devices including shoring, falsework, formwork, etc.
Field Engineer – Northern First Aqueduct Pipeline Restoration (August 2019 – January 2020)
• Provided engineering support required to prepare for and execute a major pipeline shutdown operation which tied in new diversion structures to an existing water line.
• Managed procurement and installation of bolts, nuts, gaskets, and pipe supports for project.
• Ensured quality standards by overseeing and inspecting construction.
Civil Estimator (June 2019 – August 2019)
• Completed quantity takeoffs and cost estimates for civil related scopes including excavations, concrete, and demolitions.
• Defined scope and managed bidding process for subcontract work.
Engineering Research Center - Fort Collins, CO February 2019 – June 2019
Hydraulics Laboratory Assistant
• Constructed physical hydraulic models.
• Ran hydraulic experiments testing erosion control devices such as geotextiles.
Senior Design Project - Fort Collins, CO August 2018 – May 2019
Hydraulic Modeling Specialist
• Designed a structure to allow for passage of various fish species over a low head dam
• Conducted hydraulic analysis using HEC RAS software
• Ensured that the fish passage design complied with FEMA regulations and would not cause upstream flooding.
Chi Epsilon Colorado State University Chapter – Fort Collins, CO
President August 2017 – May 2019
• Lead an honor society of top one third of engineering students
• Organized events including regular meetings, initiation, and community service events
• Facilitated communication with faculty members and other officers
• Bluebeam, Excel, AutoCAD, HEC RAS, Navisworks