Philip G Yago, Jr.
Olympia, WA 98502
(202) 446 - 7747 | xxx-xxx-xxxx
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Bi-lingual, retired U.S. Army Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) with over 23 years of experience providing Project Management, intercultural communication, office administration and Classroom Instruction. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite for Windows and Mac. Project Management Experiences include:
• Project Manager (Remote), Singapore/Dulles VA (Jan 2015 to Mar 2017)
• Docent Volunteer, Singapore Art Museum/Singapore VA (Jan 2015 to Mar 2017)
• Operations Support, U.S. Embassy, Hungary (Aug 2012 to Nov 2014)
• Operations Coordinator, SOF Team Leader, Fort Bragg (Jan 2009 to Jul 2012)
• Operations Support, Pretoria, South Africa (Dec 2006 to Dec 2008)
• Operations Coordinator, Chad Africa (Dec 2004 to Dec 2006)
• Operations Supervisor, Fort Hood, Texas (Apr 1998 to Dec 2003)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Special Operations Forces (SOF) Team Leader, 4th Psychological Operations Group, U.S. Army, Fort Bragg, NC
• Instructed host nation on PSYOPs theory to include Joint Targeting, Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield (IPB), Center of Gravity (COG) analysis and application in accordance with host nation language and learning styles, using technology-based learning.
• Created bespoke Psychologic Operations (PSYOPs) training programs in both English and Tagalog based on research and analysis of Philippine culture and its local and regional geo-political relationship within the Area of Operations (AOR).
• Collected, translated, and interpreted mission related data. Developed surveys for post training and field application to track and evaluate success and coordinated data to U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) leadership and analysts.
Operations Coordinator/Non – Commissioned Officer (NCO), Defense Intelligence Agency, U.S. Army, Various OCONUS Locations
• Prepared and submitted collection reports regarding DAO operations in MENA Region, specifically Chad, Libya, Central African Republic and Sudan. Leveraged Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) to corroborate reports.
• Supported U.S. State Department and USDAO’s efforts to keep country team updated on country and regional risk assessments to insure the safety of U.S. Citizens and U.S. Military operating in the assigned country and region.
• Maintained and controlled medical and dental funding and reimbursement programs for USDAO team members.
• Supported Special Operations Teams conducting Counter-Insurgency Operations
• Reported to senior management to include the U.S. Ambassador, Defense Attaché, USSOCOM/EUCOM/AFRICOM leadership and the Defense Intelligence Agency.
Instructor, Yorktown Systems Inc, JBLM WA
• Planned and executed Program of Instruction (POI) to the 1st Special Forces Group Airborne’s advanced LREC training program. Integrated technology and intercultural competency into curriculum.
• Collaborated with Site Lead, POI analyst, or Language Instructional Developer to address student and curriculum gaps.
• Produced daily lesson plans, took attendance, developed weekly progress reports, and distributed weekly assessments/quizzes.
Role Player, Valbin Corporation, Bethesda MD
• Operated and maintained vehicles and devices, threat simulation, and other visual aids as the planner or site manager dictated.
• Supported training area by integrating an understanding of contemporary culture, customs, and courtesies of the replicated area of operation.
• Prepared and maintained equipment including vehicles, identification cards, and personal safety gear used to supplement training scenarios.
Project Manager, TruShield Inc, Sterling VA
• Coordinated cyber security systems and maintained consistent communication between engineers and clients in the field and regularly updated project priorities and completion.
• Developed an internal Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) training and instruction guideline for future incoming Project Managers.
• Initiated a ticketing system to coordinate troubleshooting efforts between the engineering department and project management staff.
Cultural and Language Instructor, Yorktown Systems Inc., JBLM WA, Jun 2018 - Present
Role Player Contractor, Valbin Corporation, Bethesda MD, Feb 2018 – Jun 2018
Project Manager, TruShield Inc, Sterling VA, Jun 2016 – Mar 2017
Team Leader/NCO, U.S. Army, Various Locations, Jan 1992 – Feb 2015
Pierce College 2019 - 2022
Museum Docent, Linguist, Project Manager, College Student