Universidad de los Andes - Bogotá, Colombia October 2014
Bachelor of Industrial Engineering. Minor in Finance, Minor in Economics. GPA: 4,21/5
• Thesis Work: Synthetic FX Options on USD-COP as an Alternative Hedging Mechanism in Colombia. Grade: 5/5
• Relevant Coursework: Financial Engineering, Corporate Finance, Enterprise Valuation, Risk and Valuation of Derivatives
Lund University – Lund, Sweden August-December 2013
Industrial Engineering. International exchange student program.
• Relevant Coursework: Financial Statistics, Intro to Stochastic Models, Organizational Strategy
Professional Experience ________________________________________
LA Monomarca - Bogotá, Colombia February 2015 - Present
Co-Founder and Financial Director
• LA Monomarca is an arrive and drive race car rental company comprised of 60 cars that offers complete solutions for racing, learning, and corporate experiences.
• Developed business plan, financial model and successfully pitched business idea to land a $1,2M USD funding to start the company.
• Managed all financial aspects of the company and created new products that have brought over 200M COP in additional revenue in less than 6 months. Worked in all other sides of the company including management, sales, operations, marketing and human resources.
Caterham Colombia – Bogotá, Colombia February 2014- January 2015
Co-Founder and General Manager
• Lead the whole process to becoming the exclusive importers and dealers for English sports car manufacturer Caterham in Colombia. Managed all business relationships with the factory.
• Successfully launched the brand at the 2014 Bogota International Autoshow and managed to sale 25 cars to date.
Gestión de Riesgo, Financial Consulting – Bogotá, Colombia July 2012 – December 2012
Derivatives - Intern Analyst
• Conducted in-depth market research and analysis, priced plain vanilla derivatives, applied custom-tailored risk analysis models to suit customer requirements and was in charge of daily market reports sent out to customers.
• Developed and coded a VB tool to successfully price a complex Asian Option that was needed to execute a sophisticated hedging strategy for a customer.
• Helped devise hedging strategies through the use of derivatives to significantly reduce market risks on real sector firms exposed to prices in commodities and FX.
• Automatized all the operative intern analyst tasks through a program coded in VBA. It managed to reduce daily work time required to complete the tasks from 4 hours to 45 minutes.
Universidad de los Andes – Bogotá, Colombia August 2011 – December 2011
Teaching Assistant, Corporate Finance Class
• Assisted students by resolving doubts and helping them with homework problems. Graded tests and work assignments.
Professional Training and Certificates________________________________________
• CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Level 3 Candidate June L3 2018 Candidate
• Private Equity and Venture Capital – Bocconi Università, Milan, Italy (Online Course) August 2017 – October 2017
• Financial Engineering and Risk Management – Columbia University, New York, USA (Online Course) January 2013 – May 2013
• Bloomberg Complete Training Program – Bogotá, Colombia January 2012 – June 2012
Languages: Spanish: Native
English: Advanced (TOEFL 115/120)
Computational: VB, VBA, JAVA, Python
Volunteer: Served building houses for people in need for the program Un Techo Para Mi País. Spent a week in the Amazon
Rainforest distributing donations to kids in need and helped repairing their school classrooms and facilities.
Interests: Race car driver, wakeboarding, kiteboarding, travelling, fx trading
finance, financial modelling, entrepreneurship, CFO, startup