Henry Eckold's Resume
55 Pacheco Way • San Luis Obispo, CA • 93410
CELL ------------ • E-MAIL ------------
Obtain Environmental Planner position starting Summer of 2019.
• Third Year Rising Senior at California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo
• 3.646 Cumulative College GPA
• Expected to Graduate Spring of 2019 with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management and Protection and a Minor in City and Regional Planning
Platte County Office of Planning and Zoning
Planning Intern - June through August 2018
•Wrote staff reports for the Planning and Zoning Commission. Used ArcGIS to update 5+ years of zoning and permitting maps for the county. Monitored stormwater drainage projects while under construction. Surveyed land for future transportation and stormwater projects.
Research Assistant - March through June 2017 and 2018
•Participated in avian field research involving the impacts of light and sound pollution on bluebird development. Traversed terrain to monitor nests, used GPS, recorded data, and measured and banded nestlings.
University Housing - California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo Resident Advisor - January 2018 to present
•Created and led various hall and campus-wide educational and recreational programs. Participated in inter-departmental collaboration. Mentored and built relationships with 60+ residents. Facilitated conversations about difficult topics such as sexual assault and systemic racism.
Leadership, Involvement, and Honors:
• Treasurer of the Cal Poly Environmental Sciences Club
• Member of Xi Sigma Pi (The National Forestry Honor Society)
• Climate Change Action Research Group Member—A student-led research group
• Five-time recipient of Dean’s List Honors
• Land Surveying
• Microsoft Office
ArcGIS, Surveying, Microsoft Office