Heather Wallace Resume
191 N Wynoochee Dr. Hoodsport WA 98548
(253) 344 - 8991 ------------
Highly knowledgeable and creative with a keen eye for detail • Adaptable to changing environments • Hard working and multi-task efficiently • Strong organizational and communication skills • Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
List of Programs I Know
● Google Suite
● Microsoft Excel
● Adobe Lightroom
● Adobe Illustrator
● Adobe Photoshop
● Adobe Indesign
May 2019 - April 2020
Rover, Seattle - Internal Auditor
● My responsibilities included going through contacts from previous weeks to make sure that our Customer Service team was answering customers questions correctly, informatively and in a timely manner through both phone and email contacts. Then as a team we would send each stakeholder our findings, areas of improvements and trends we see in the contact replies. The goal was to find ways to find consent improvement through data we found through past contact into Rover.
July 2017 - May 2019
Rover, Seattle- Customer Service Representative
● I was a customer service agent within the Operations team at Rover. Within this role, I was responsible for answering customers' questions, and problems they were having with the Rover site, app or concerns between owners and sitters on the site.
October 2013 - October 2017
REI, Seattle- Sale Representative
● I worked the sales floor selling hiking and athletic gear to the adventurous adult to the exploring family. My skills to communicate with people of all ages made a great asset to the children's department. Here I helped with a kid getting their first hiking boots to the help parents find the best replacement gear for the new season. Having a background in visual communications did give me a chance to help REI's visual team from time to time, making sure the departments looked great and told a story of what you could be doing in the gear REI sold.
Sep 2009 - Aug 2012
Northwest College of Art and Design, Seattle- Bachelors of Fine Arts in Visual Communications with double majors in Photography and Graphic Design
April 2014 - October 2015
Seattle Humane Society - Dog Behaviorist
● Helping train and walk dogs at the Seattle Humane Society. This helped the dogs in
their care as well gave the dogs a chance to improve their behavior to get adopted.
January 2016 - July 2016
Puget Sound Wildcare - Caretaker
● My roles were to help with the daily task for the wild assortment of animals such as squirrels to owls that the shelter received. I would clean cages, do dishes and make sure each animal I was assigned had fresh food and water. In the springtime, I gained and became prefinished in feed fledglings, which took a lot of occurrence and patients. Fledglings can easily die with too little food and too much, so it was very important to get the amount right. I also had a chance to work with Barn owls and Barred owls due to being fearless but cautions with handling them. These skills let me be trusted with more responsibility in the duties I had each week.
resume, job, customerservice, customerservicerresperstive