Harrison Barkham Resume
Enthusiastic and dedicated student with high integrity, strong work ethic and great leadership skills. A goal orientated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills with a positive and upbeat outlook on life. Whilst at university, I opened my own company focusing on the design, manufacture, and production of BLIIS apparel. I am seeking to further enhance my knowledge and experience during my university break by doing an internship with the aim of increasing my exposure to the business world and complement my learning at San Diego State University.
1/ Cofounder – BLIIS Clothing, San Diego, California
August 2016 - January 2019
I started BLIIS back in August 2016 and secured some investment with the aim of designing, producing and manufacturing clothing which would appeal to a specific demographic and taste. Being an entrepreneur and a full-time student at the same time, I was able to successfully manage my time to ensure that my customers were happy but also that my grades were not affected. Key responsibilities included:
• Advised business partners on decisions from a financial perspective
• Took care of budget, recording of cash flows and overall money management
• Creative designer.
• I obtained documents, clearances, certificates and approvals from local, state and federal agencies. Appointed a reasonably priced law firm to guide me through the intricacies of setting up a company in Delaware.
• I started with T-shirts and baseball caps. I sourced material, learnt about delivery times, quality control, tracking orders and accounts.
• Responded to customer requests via telephone and email and effectively answered questions and inquiries.
2/ Account Director – Aspire Marketing, San Diego, California
April – August 2018
Applied for a four-month internship at Aspire Marketing, a company that specialises in sport, health & fitness and lifestyle marketing. My main responsibility was to drive sales for AT&T and Direct TV through door to door sales. Due to my success, I was asked to lead a small team of sales people. Other responsibilities included:
• Hiring, training and performance evaluations for sales staff and supervised daily activities in the office and in the field.
• Conducted morning meetings.
• Communicated marketing teams' plans and accomplishments to verify alignment with objectives.
• Directed and coordinated marketing activities for my sales team.
This experience was of huge value to me as I was able to put into practice what I was learning at University with regards to payroll, client relations and staff management.
3/ Internship – Swallows and Amazons Kindergarten, Singapore
During the holiday periods in 2017, I returned to Singapore and did an internship in a highly recognised International Kindergarten, Swallows and Amazons. My role was to assist the classroom teacher in arranging the learning environment for over 20 students, including cataloguing the children's work and arranging the children's classroom displays. Provide constructive feedback to minors under care regarding specific actions, behaviours and words whilst establishing and maintaining rapport with other staff, students, and parents.
Education and other Extra Curricular Activities
San Diego State University - May 2020
Bachelor of Science
Business Management: Cumulative GPA is 3.12.
• International Student
• Completed a study abroad experience in Barcelona during the Spring 2019 semester.
• Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity Member
• New member educator for Sigma Phi Epsilon
Windermere Preparatory School, Windermere, FL
• Graduated summa cum laude
• Graduated with 4.1 GPA
• Dean's List 2015 & 2016
• Awarded the International Baccalaureate (IB) Certificate in English, Maths, Psychology and Spanish.
• During my time and schooling in Florida, I attended Core Golf Academy and was placed in the top 10 finishers of several National Golf Tournaments (2016-2018).
United World College, Singapore
Kindergarten to Grade 9
• Played in the Varsity field Hockey team (2009-2011)
• Singapore Cricket Club u19s team (2012)
• National Singapore Cricket team (2011-2012)
• Captained the school rugby team from the age of 12 – 15.
• 5th in South East Asia international school’s Golf competition.
• My Community Service included helping at Saint Joseph’s Help the Needy (2009). Accompanied old people in daily activities and provided some entertainment to put a smile on their faces.
• A UWC project - Tabitha Global Concern (GC) (2011). A global concern where we would constantly fund raise and send money to people in Cambodia to build homes for the needy.
• Constructed low-cost housing for underprivileged families for the Lavalla GC (2012-2013). Help to organise Fund Raisers to help provide food and water for underprivileged people in Vietnam
• Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Microsoft Excel
• Took two years of graphic design class in high school.
• Understands and can speak basic Chinese and Spanish.
• Conversed in Chinese with apparel manufacturers for BLIIS.
• Worked directly with material suppliers and transport companies during production of the clothing line at BLIIS.
• Continuing Spanish in Barcelona.
• Single Handicap Golfer
• Florida All Star Rugby player (2016)
• Florida State Rugby Championship Winner
• Collegiate and High School All American Rugby Player (2016 - 2018)
• Co-Captaining the Invitational Youth Rugby Team to the Las Vegas HSBC 7s to the Finals and narrowly losing to the defending champions (2017
Account Director, Extra-Curricular