Harmanpreet Bal Resume
Queens, New York
☎ xxx-xxx-xxxx | ✉ xxx-xxx-xxxx
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT | VIDEOGRAPHER | ASSISTANT CAMERA OPERATOR
Project Management | Leadership | Teamwork/Collaboration
Creative, adaptable, enthusiastic Film Professional highly regarded for four years of progressive experience in supporting all phases of film production for industry leaders including Bollywood Hollywood Production Inc, ensuring project completion on time and under budget. Additionally known for demonstrating extensive skills in event planning, clerical work, and direct sales. Respected as a motivational, influential leader and collaborator who guides team members in successfully realizing project objectives through a people-focused approach. Exemplary educational qualifications include a Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications from St. John’s University, combined with a Certificate in Filmmaking from The New York Film Academy. Out-of-the-box thinker committed to making continuous improvements in process, communication, organization, and technical mastery to enable long-term growth.
❖ Oversaw daily operations for company providing on-site photo booth and event photography/videography services to clients, at Photo Khich NYC.
❖ Assisted with various pre-production-related activities such as budgeting, location-scouting, scheduling, and casting for international feature film, Jungle Cry, for Bollywood Hollywood Production Inc.
❖ Facilitated cross-functional communication on set for costume, camera/lighting, and direction departments.
❖ Monitored and guided video editing process to optimize outcome quality.
❖ Developed and published engaging content on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for The Pixel Connection.
▪ Organization & Multi-tasking
▪ Project Management
▪ Leadership/Team Building
▪ Vendor Management
▪ Technical Skills
▪ Location Scouting
▪ Scheduling & Planning ▪ Event Planning
▪ Client Management PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
▪ Attention to Detail ▪ Sales & Marketing ▪ Video Editing
▪ Customer Service
PHOTO KHICH NYC | NEW YORK, NY | 2015 TO PRESENT
▪ Oversee daily operations for company providing on-site photo booth and event photography/videography services to clients
▪ Handle billing and accounts, ensuring company meets all financial and customer-related obligations promptly and accurately.
▪ Communicate regularly with clients to establish expectations regarding vision, scope, timelines, and budgets.
▪ Coordinate projects through all phases, ensuring location and equipment readiness to optimize client experience.
▪ Demonstrate expertise in scheduling and calendar management to successfully deliver products and services on
BOLLYWOOD HOLLYWOOD PRODUCTION INC | MUMBAI, INDIA & LOS ANGELES, CA | 2018 TO PRESENT Production Assistant | Mumbai, India
▪ Assisted with various pre-production-related activities such as budgeting, location-scouting, scheduling, and casting
for international feature film, Jungle Cry.
▪ Handled day-to-day production on film set, ensuring alignment with established timelines, budgets, and creative
▪ Facilitated cross-functional communication on set for costume, camera/lighting/ and direction departments.
▪ Monitored and guided video editing process to optimize outcome quality.
▪ Sourced, located, and procured specialty items, props, and talent as needed for multiple departments.
▪ Attended Cannes film festival, hosting 3 events for up to 150+ attendees each for trailer launch of movie.
Videographer | Bhubaneshwar, India | 2018
▪ Used Canon 5d Mark IV to film behind-the-scenes footage related to International feature film, Jungle Cry in India and the United Kingdom
▪ Acted as backup Steadicam operator when needed, saving money by reducing production delays.
▪ Liaised with director and other on-set professionals to establish and capture desired footage.
FREELANCE LIGHTING/CAMERA OPERATOR | MUMBAI, INDIA | 2017 TO 2018
▪ Prepared and operated equipment including RED Dragon and Phantom for Bollywood film, Race 3, on tripod and handheld for rehearsal shots and some takes.
▪ Assisted with lighting and continuity to maintain appropriate visual storytelling.
▪ Gained and applied skills related to prepping for optimum sound and visual quality, including selection and set up
F & E TRADING | SOMERSET, NJ | 2016 TO 2017 Sales Representative
▪ Generated $5,000-$10,000 in sales weekly through successful networking and cold calling with new and existing
▪ Maintained comprehensive knowledge of all products and services to educate clients, answer questions, and resolve
▪ Delivered exceptional service to customers in person and over the phone
THE PIXEL CONNECTION | AVON, OH | 2015 TO 2016
Social Media Manager
▪ Engaged regularly with customers and audience, improving communication within targeted demographics.
▪ Developed and published engaging content to social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. ▪ Implemented marketing and promotion tactics.
▪ Innovated new strategies to boost social media presence, growing cross-platform followers.
St. John’s University, Queens, NY: 2016
Bachelor of Science – Mass Communications GPA: 3.3
Certifications or Additional Education:
Certificate in Filmmaking – The New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, CA (2017)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) / Adobe (Photoshop, Premier, Lightroom) / Avid Media Composer / Steadicam Operation / Google Docs / Google Drive / Google Calendar / QuickBooks / Dropbox / Salesforce / Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
production, film, television, assistant, entry level