Hali Palmer's Resume
Masters in Child Life Applicant
I am currently a Senior at the University of South Carolina and am majoring in Psychology with a concentration in childhood counseling. I am applying for the Masters of Science in Child Life program because I desire to have a positive impact on children’s healthcare. I feel a deep connection to the role that a Child Life Specialist can play during some of the most difficult times in a child’s life due to my personal background. My aspiration is to channel my own experiences in order to provide the best possible care for the children I interact with.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA | PSYCHOLOGY, B.A. | AUGUST 2015 – MAY 2019
· Dean’s List
· Relevant Coursework: Survey of Developmental Psychology (B), Family Counseling (B+), Parent and Family
Dynamics in Early Childhood Education (A), Health Psychology (A)
· Expected Future Coursework: Early Play and Learning, Life Transitions: Loss and Grief, Child Behavioral and
PETERKIN AND ASSOCIATES, SUMMER DIRECTOR | JANUARY 2015 – AUGUST 2015
· Developed a summer program for children with disabilities, taught life skills, and oversaw daily activities.
DANCE MARATHON, PARTICIPANT | 2015 – CURRENT
· Fundraised throughout the year in support of the Child Life program at the Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital.
GRAND STRAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, VOLUNTEER | MAY 2018 – CURRENT
· Shadowed Child Life Specialist in Pediatric-ICU, had direct patient and family interaction, and managed donations.
PALMETTO HEALTH CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL | AUGUST 2018 – CURRENT
· Shadowed Child Life Specialist on Infant and Toddler Floor, coordinated Halloween Festival, and intimately involved in play and learning experiences.
Bright Horizons | January 2019 – Current
· Assist teachers in preschool classes with children whom are between 2 and 3 years old by reading, guiding morning activities, and being interactive during daily tasks.
· Clear Communication
· Knowledge of development and behavior
· Eager to learn
· Able to listen and work closely with adults and children