Graphic Designer/Production Artist
REUBEN C. EDWARDS
To obtain a position which will utilize the creative skills I developed and contribute to the mission of the organization.
GENERAL WORK SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Creative • Exceptional time management
• Group leadership
• Resilient • Excellent oral, written and visual communication
• Dedicated and strong customer service
• Ability to multi-task • Innovative thinking
• Strong attention to detail
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
• Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, all MS Office packages • Digital illustration
• Traditional fine arts
• Art composition • Inkscape
• Excellent computer skills on both Mac and PC
• Graphics and Logo creation • Numerous other graphic software
Bruce Fox, Inc - New Albany, IN
Graphic Designer/Production Artist, June 2019 - Current
• Collaborate closely with art directors, designers and developers.
• Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing.
• Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
• Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation.
• Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners.
• Create PDFs for print and client review.
• Catalog and reference art for future projects.
• Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time.
• Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer.
Eagle Sign and Design – Louisville, KY
Pattern Maker/Production Artist, 10/2015 – Current
• Create the master artwork and patterns for cast aluminum and bronze signs, plaques, sculptures.
• Read and comprehend blueprints.
• Handle several tasks for several products and customers simultaneously to do my part in keeping production on track in order to meet customer deadlines.
• Calculate shrinkage and allowances for machining and convert these dimensions to very exact tolerances.
• Use various creative methods and media such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Corel Draw X7, Lightbox, hand tools and power tools including but not limited to; jigsaws, table saws, rotary tools, grinders and sanders to create and design patterns.
• Oversee projects from beginning to end and assist other departments in their efforts to ensure quality and customer satisfaction. Train associates as required on proper techniques to accomplish company and industry standards.
• Work at a variety of tasks that require creativity and great precision.
The Home Depot – Louisville, KY
Paint Associate/Special Services Associate/Sign Maker/Hardware Associate, 02/2013 – 11/2015, 11/2016 – 02/2017
• Demonstrated creativity and innovative thinking to design and produce point-of-sale signage and displays to promote products at store location.
• Coached and trained new hires including facilitating their web-based training.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service through the company’s “Special Services Department” where advanced store knowledge and customer acumen was displayed. Used store computer and web-based applications to produce orders, setup installations, process shipping and receiving services and function as a cashier.
• Greeted customers and directed store traffic according to customer’s needs.
• Initially worked as a Hardware Sales Associate but assisted in multiple departments as needed by management or to provide customer excellence including working as a Paint Associate in my final position and consulted with customers regarding their paint needs and specific projects.
HEartHeaven (Heart, Earth, Heaven)
Owner and Artist, 01/2012 - Current
• Started Art and Design Company in 2012, including but not limited to designing and creating artwork for flyers, logos, t-shirts, wall art, business cards, greeting cards.
• Create personal artwork for leisure and business.
• Determine the message the artwork should portray.
• Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
• Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites.
• Select colors, images, text style, and layout.
• Present the design to clients.
• Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design.
Williams Lea – Louisville, KY
Lead Reprographics Associate, 01/2010 – 01/2012
• Executed prepress processes such as imposing pages, document manipulation, typesetting, proofreading, copy-editing using Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, MS Word and PowerPoint.
• Performed and trained associates on post-press processes such as document assembly including cutting, folding, and binding.
• Coordinated incoming jobs with production staff and conducted quality checks on completed jobs.
Humana Insurance Company – Louisville, KY
Digital Print Operator and Customer Care Specialist, 09/2007 – 12/2009
• Printed the material for monthly customer newsletter.
• Executed color registration during print processes.
• Kept printing inventory readily stocked.
• Answered incoming phone calls pertaining to billing and enrollment and billing and claims.
FedEx Kinko’s – Louisville, KY
Senior Project Coordinator and FedEx Shipping Specialist, 03/2004 – 09/2007
• Promoted from Customer Service to FedEx Shipping Specialist then promoted to Senior Project Coordinator after moving to Louisville.
• Oversaw a small team of five, assisted management in managing, monitored and facilitated all design and print production processes, demonstrated advanced knowledge and expertise of print and graphic software and processes, printing equipment and auxiliary equipment.
• Opened store and balanced register, coordinated production, supported delivery transportation needs, performed final quality-checks, designed banners, logos, mailers, business cards, flyers, brochures, mail merge using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, MS Office Suite.
• Utilized auxiliary equipment to perform perfect binds, spiral binds, coil binds, hot and cold lamination and digital cutting methods.
Lazarus/Macy’s Department Store – Louisville, KY
Department Specialist, 08/1997 – 03/2004, 09/2006 – 05/2007
• Assisted customers in all aspects of service fulfillment; proactively created enhanced shopping experiences.
• Determined customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
• Maintained a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to the customer.
• Worked alongside Department Representatives to visually merchandize the department.
Printing, logos, lettering/typography, freehand art, freehand perspective, crafting, portraits, illustration, T-shirt design, storyboards, murals, branding, digital art, carving, building, and sculpting, and so much more.
University of Cincinnati - Cincinnati, OH
DAAP (Design, Architecture, Art, Planning) College
Visual Fine Arts, 1998 - 2003
Jefferson County Community Technical College - Louisville, KY
Associate of Arts (Graduated May 2019)
Artist, Illustrator, Graphic Designer, Creative, Craftsmen