xxx-xxx-xxxx • xxx-xxx-xxxx
Skills and Abilities
• Over 10 years’ experience in Fine Arts and Art Education.
• Over 5 years’ experience in Graphic Design, PC and Mac operating systems.
• Certified in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Experience in social media video editing for websites.
• Experience with the utilization of online design through programs: LMS, Blackboard, and CampusVue.
• MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, TALLAHASSEE, FL
LIBRARY SCIENCE, ACADEMIC, & SPECIAL LIBRARY TECHNOLOGY AND COLLECTIONS
Florida State University – Current graduate studies towards PhD
• MASTER OF FINE ARTS IN VISUAL ARTS, MONTPELIER, VT
CONTEMPORARY ART THEORY AND PRACTICE
Vermont College of Fine Arts
• MASTER OF ARTS, SUPERIOR, WI
DUAL EMPHASIS IN FINE ART AND ART HISTORY
University of Wisconsin-Superior
• BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS , SAN FRANCISCO, CA
San Francisco State University
ADMINISTRATION and DESIGN PROJECTS
Graphic Design and Interior Gallery Design, Design, Marketing and Gallery Design
January 2017 – May 2018
• Utilized Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator for posters, pamphlets, and social media for marketing.
• Collaborated with artists to create poster and web designs for marketing.
• Assisted in marketing art gallery websites with the Council On Culture & Arts.
Information Technologist, Software and Hardware Installation
September 2015 – January 2017
• Advanced experience in using data transfer and retrieval to file backups systems.
• Installation of Hard drives, RAM and graphic cards in PC operating systems and downloading of Microsoft Windows 2006 to current 2018.
Video Production and Content Editing, Curator Interior Design and Video/Editing Interview
October 2013 – November 2013
• Video Interview for KWQC Channel 6 news Paula Sands live, “We Are Ghosts” at Phoenix Art Gallery.
• Worked with marketing and written content for art exhibitions at the Phoenix Art Gallery in social media and advertisements.
Online Education Technology and Content Evaluation
October 2009 – June 2013
• Utilized LMS programs in Blackboard, and CampusVue to monitor, update educational content, and evaluated course content editing for faculty.
• Advanced experience using Microsoft Office programs PowerPoint, Word and Excel to assist professors in educational content.
• Collaborated with the department of Education at Ashford University to install online educational videos and links for faculty.
Architectural Print and Design
June 2005 – June 2006
• Worked on architectural formats and final printing processes through AutoCAD/BIM programs.
• Editing and print design through large printers for Duluth, MN construction project.
ASSISTANT COORDINATOR, Florida State University, Oglesby Art Gallery/Art Center
Tallahassee, FL January 2017 – present
• Responsible for advertising current studio classes at the Art Center, promotion of new art exhibitions supervision of employees, and communicating with contemporary artists in the area.
• Creation of art exhibition posters, advertisement cards and brochures through Adobe Creative Suite in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Director of the Oglesby Art Gallery in organizing art exhibition for solo and group shows.
• Experience in maintaining wall construction, lighting and opening/closing receptions for art shows.
• Assisted in installing progressive art installations in film, sound and art installation through a different variety of material.
• Instructor and coordinator for student projects, Ceramic, Drawing, Painting Classes and maintaining the Oglesby Art Center.
ONLINE ART HISTORY INSTRUCTOR, Rocky Mountain College of Fine Arts □ Lakewood, CO January 2015 – present
• Over five years' experience in online instructor for Art History courses from Ancient to 21st-century contemporary art.
• Created online lectures and maintained weekly readings for students in art theory, design and art history theory.
• Expended and utilized RMCAD rubrics, graded paper for students with extensive feedback on art research, and counseled students in the aesthetics of the art process.
• Observed and communicated proper netiquette in online modal with students on art history subjects through college LMS system.
GEEK SQUAD, IT CONSULTANT, Geek Squad/Best Buy □ Davenport, IA
September 2015 – January 2017
• Assist client with questions on Mac and PC design programs, operating systems, and internet applications.
• Troubleshooting Mac and PC products with fixing issues with OS issues/errors messages.
• Fixing of Mac and PC with operating system software programs to cleanup laptops, desktops and tablets of Malware, Adware, and Viruses.
• Organization of repair/service department with the scheduling of clients, checking products for functionality, and ordering/shipping of Mac and PC to locations for repairs.
• Repaired desktop and laptops with the required software application and hardware installation.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE continued
ASSOCIATE ART INSTRUCTOR, Carl Sandburg Community College □ Galesburg, IL August 2007 – May 2014
• Expertly created art lectures in Art Appreciation (Introduction to Art) and Art History from pre-historic to 21st-century contemporary art theory courses.
• Created art studios course exercises in 2D/3D design in Drawing, Painting, and Multimedia.
• Executed useful classification, coordination, as well as scanning of more than 1000 art slides for student excess and art education.
• Skillfully organized daily class lectures by utilizing the latest online technology in creating websites, software editing, videos and sources from art museums and contemporary fine arts galleries presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST/DESIGNER AND ART INSTRUCTOR, Ashford University □ Clinton, IA October 2009 – June 2013
• Executed online courses for monitoring and to accomplish educational quality for the Department of Education, updated rubric policies on on-campus and online courses, and checked for consistency in communication with students in online instruction.
• Developed and utilized the latest educational programs such as CampusVue, LMS, Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate 7 and Blackboard for the monitoring and design of online courses.
• Provided skillful assistance to instructors and students through effective IT technical and PC/Mac communication troubleshooting.
• Professionally functioned as an educational consultant concerning Graduate and Undergraduate course instruction in an online modal.
• Dedicated further experience as an on-campus fine arts instructor for the university instructor in Ceramics, Sculpture, Art Education, and Art History courses.
PRINT PRODUCTION AND DESIGN, Sheldon Print and Design □ Duluth, MN January 2005 – June 2006
• Supported customers with creating print designs through small to large industrial print processes through numerous files and in CAD/BIM formats for architectural firms.
• Responsible for printing and checking for quality for large architectural plans and printing blueprints for Duluth city projects.
• Assisted professional designers and local businesses on advertisement design projects for local companies, private and international companies.
• Used essential and the latest design software for print and architectural design programs in CAD/BIM Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
FINE ARTS RESEARCH ASSISTANT/ORCHESTRAL COORDINATOR, University of Wisconsin Superior □ Superior, WI
May 2005 - June 2006
• Rendered significant service to the Fine Arts Department by conducting comprehensive research on Latin American Art History and Literature, along with extensive kiln temperature fluctuation studies leading to mastery in Japanese pottery and Raku wood firing.
• Provided effective assistance in teaching student beginners in sculpture and ceramic techniques, including hand building, well-throwing, plaster cast, and mold making.
• Proactively participated with the University Orchestra in performing in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for guitar, percussion, and additional studies on Latin culture, literature, and music.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE continued
LECTURER/ART INSTRUCTOR, DeYoung Educational Art Center/Palace of Fine Arts □ San Francisco, CA
May 2000 - January 2002
• Fulfilled a range of tasks for the Director of Education Eileen Lew Morris, such as working on installations, lighting, and educational programs.
• Accomplished art research and assisted in creating syllabuses for courses in art lectures, as well as instruction in sculpture/ceramic.
• Prepared lessons and taught drawing, sculpture, and painting classes for adults and children alike.
• Efficiently delivered instructions on several ceramics/sculpture techniques and Latin Art History.
• Functioned as an art consultant on Pre-Hispanic/Modern Latin Art and Native American contemporary art theory and practice in art exhibitions.
• Dedicated serves in assisting in art critiques for art students and professional artists for weekly art lectures and art exercises in 2D/3D design.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT/GUEST LECTURER, San Francisco State University □ San Francisco, CA
January 1998 - May 2000
• Conducted lectures for Spanish Art projects on the final dissertation in Art History with Dr. Richard Mann.
• Adeptly assisted in teaching, as well as conducted researches and training through Dr. Richard Mann and David Kuraoka.
• Rendered active support in teaching undergraduate students in college art history classes and in producing art slide.
• Worked closely with Mark Johnson (San Francisco State Art Gallery) on professional lighting and setting up of two major exhibitions.
Visual Art, Graphic Designer and Art Educator