Geoffrey Evans Graphic Design Resume
PO BOX 6911, Tallahassee, FL 32314
(305) 434 - 0550
Online Portfolio: xxx-xxx-xxxx/Portfolio
Experienced in branding small businesses, local politicians, university officials, and community service projects,
Interested in contributing to the growth and visibility of companies by offering unprecedented graphic design services for
both print and digital platforms.
● 5+ years of experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and WordPress.
● Experienced in working on Microsoft Windows 10, and MAC OS X platforms.
● Able to capture the company’s message using graphics and illustration.
● Works efficiently in groups, and can develop designs under limited supervision.
● Strong customer service skills for communicating with clients and understanding their needs and
● Able to multitask, work long hours, and complete projects with short deadlines when necessary.
● Designed logos, packaging, and advertising campaigns for GloFX’s most in-demand products including the
LED Space Whips, LED ION Orbit, and the limited-edition Color-Therapy Diffraction Glasses; collaborated
with team members to produce over 250 graphics for the web and social media during the peak holiday and
music festival season.
● Designed the logo, advertising campaign, and 50-page magazine for a cultural and community development
conference; worked on student run Journey Magazine for the School of Journalism.
● Worked on social media campaigns for FAMU’s Student Government Association; Assisted the Office of
Communication, School of Graduate Studies and the Office of the President on publications.
● Collaborated with the American Heart Association, National Public Health Week, American Cancer Society,
and the FAMU Health Department on health-related initiatives and campaigns.
Design Products: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Premiere, After Effects; WordPress and HTML
Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, Sharepoint
Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8, and MAC OS X
Media: Photography, Videography, Film Editing, Voice Over, Storyboarding
Florida A&M University Tallahassee, FL
Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design April 2016
Miami-Dade College, North Campus Miami, FL
Associate of Arts in Mass Communication April 2012
Multimedia Developer Tallahassee, FL
Florida Department of Transportation, Office of Information Technology (OIT) 7/2018 – Present
● Develop Computer Based Training Programs to train government, highway safety, and traffic maintenance employees.
● Illustrate print-based comic books that educates elementary school students about traffic safety.
● Design print ads such as save the date flyers, promotional banners, and signage for department events and meetings.
● Create banners for “Powered By Innovation”, an initiative that highlights the innovative achievements of employees through web graphics
and television display ads.
Creative Department Manager Tallahassee, FL
GloFX Glasses and LED Rave Gear 1/2017 – 11/2017
● Managed the productivity and quality assurance of graphic designers.
● Lead campaigns to guide the branding of the company.
● Determined the creative direction of the company’s advertising campaigns.
● Managed creative direction for advertising campaigns that reached over 1 Million potential customers worldwide.
Lead Graphic Designer Tallahassee, FL
GloFX Glasses and LED Rave Gear 7/2016 – 1/2017
● Design web slides, social media and print flyers, email blasts, and promotional banners.
● Manage projects, plan and conduct meetings and presentations, and support company objectives.
● Create all digital media for the online and offline marketing initiatives; Lead projects that require
a strong creative mind.
● Draft, plan, and execute advertising campaigns for products.
● Use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom Creative Cloud for all graphic design projects.
Graphic Designer Tallahassee, FL
Student Government Association, Florida A&M University 8/2014 – 1/2016
● Worked with the Executive Branch to design marketing and branding materials optimized for use with social media such as: Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter and mobile applications.
● Designed flyers, brochures, logos, and invitations for the Graduate Student Association, Student BAR Association, Board of Trustees, and
the University President.
● Created T-Shirt designs and logos for community service initiatives such as: the American Heart Association (“National Wear Red Day”)
and FAMU’s Health Department (“Get FIT FAMU! KIDS”)
● Produced urgent announcements that contained messages intended to reach the student body.
Art Team Contributor Tallahassee, FL
Journey Magazine, Florida A&M University 4/2013 - 11/2014
● Brainstormed, conceptualized, and crafted the artistic narrative of the magazine.
● Collaborated with magazine’s writers and photographers on art direction of articles.
● Designed article and photo spreads on tabloid (11x17) sized pages in landscape format.
● Maintained open availability for corrections, revisions, or additional assignments.
Freelance Graphic Designer Tallahassee, FL
Ivory Coast Designs, Founder 10/2012 - Present
● Offered print and web graphics services to small businesses that markets to students such as: restaurants, churches, and clothing lines.
● Provided Art Direction and brand identity on marketing materials for the “Falling BLACK in Love” cultural and community development
● Created advertising campaign packages consisting of flyers, posters, t-shirts, and logos for student leaders and organizations.
● Assisted the FAMU’s Housing Department in the creation of print advertisements for resident hall events.
● Assisted community based organizations with promotional material for the City of Miami Gardens.
Design, Graphic, Creative, Cloud, Photoshop, Designer, Multimedia, HTML, Web, Print, Marketing,