Festival Event Planning Internship-Lauren Louie
Lauren Mei Louie
------------ ♦------------ ♦ San Diego, CA
OBJECTVE: Seeking a Festival Event Planning Internship.
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY (SDSU) September 2016- May 2020
Hospitality and Tourism Management with an emphasis in Event Planning.
• GPA: 3.6
LAFAYETTE PARK HOTEL AND SPA May 2019- July 2019
Intern- Events and Hotel Rotational Internship
• Developed the first rotational internship with all departments of the hotel and gained invaluable knowledge of the hotel business.
• Rotated through all areas of the hotel departments, including banquets, sales, front office, housekeeping and spa and built relationships with department leaders, supervisors, and employees.
• Handled inventory analysis for Food and Beverage department.
ROCHE MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS — Pleasanton, CA May 2018- August 2018
Intern — Cervical Cancer Prevention (HPV) Marketing Support Team
• Selected for the 2018 summer internship program for one of the largest Biotechnology companies in the world.
• Created an Action Plan to develop a Google+ Community Channel on a variety of social media platforms which highlighted booth staffing, registration, and reservations for two Biotechnology conferences: IPV and EUROGIN.
• Rotated through several departments, including marketing and research, for the various product lines.
LAFAYETTE PARK HOTEL AND SPA — Lafayette, California January 2016- January 2018
Hostess and Front Desk Customer Service
• Promoted from hostess to pool server at the 4.5-star Hotel.
• Responsible for ensuring the guests have a positive experience at the Hotel.
PETE’S BRASS RAIL AND CAR WASH RESTAURANT — Danville, California Sept. 2014- December 2016
• Worked 18-26 hours per week during High School to help fund my college education.
• Dealt with all customer requests and fielded challenging customer service issues for large parties.
ASSOCIATED STUDENTS UNIVERSITY COUNCIL — San Diego, CA September 2017- May 2018
Elected College Student Representative
• Elected to represent more than 1,000 students in the Professional Studies of Fine Arts.
• Voting representative on a 32-member council that bridges the gap between the student voice and University at large.
• University Council works towards strengthening the connection between the University Administration and the students by serving as the primary student representative body.
ALPHA CHI OMEGA — San Diego, CA December 2017– December 2018
Vice President on the Executive Board
• Elected Vice President of Ritual and Fraternal Appreciation.
• Served on a 12-member executive board to lead and represent over 200 members of the organization.
ROTARACT SDSU — San Diego, CA December 2017- Present
Vice President of Public Relations
• Update website and social media sites as well as create fliers, buttons and handouts for community service organization on campus.
GREENFEST SDSU — San Diego, CA September 2019- Present
• Update website and social media sites as well as create marketing materials for sustainable events.
NATIONAL CHARITY LEAGUE— Diablo Valley, California May 2012- May 2016
Member – Diablo Valley Chapter
• Philanthropy volunteer: participated in charitable events throughout the Bay Area.
• Completed nearly 100 volunteer hours annually through events sponsored by: The American Cancer Society Relay for Life, American Cancer Society Jewel Ball, Loaves and fishes, Habitat for Humanity, City of Danville, Brookdale Alzheimer’s Care Community, Adopt a Family, and the Princess Project.