Experienced International Teacher with Diverse Background
ARTIST / COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER June 2016 - June 2019
Jardin Orange Artist Residency, Shenzhen, China (jardinorange.com)
* Organize and teach spray paint workshops for IB Art students and teachers (TEDx Youth talk from February 2019 at ------------).
* Host weekend afternoon community art activities for children aged 5-12, including summer camp art activities.
* Collaborate and execute large design mural projects and commissioned art works
* Orient arriving artists and manage logistics of their stays, including excursions, financial support and meals.
* Compose/edit all official public communications (e-mails, newsletters, feature articles, promotional materials) and social media posts.
7th GRADE HUMANITIES TEACHER Aug. 2012 – June 2016
Shekou International School, Shenzhen, China (sis-shekou.org)
This is a K-12 private international IB school that is WASC accredited and Apple-sponsored that serves the expat community of Shenzhen. Won international award as 21st Century School of the Year in 2016 for its use of one-to-one technology in the classroom. The total student body is around 800.
* Design AERO and Common Core standards-based curriculum using backwards design and project-based learning pedagogy.
* Taught electives in journalism and graphic design.
* Middle and high school soccer coach (boys and girls teams).
* Attend and assist in professional development courses of curriculum design, mindfulness in education, classroom workshop methodology, first aid certification.
8th GRADE HUMANITIES TEACHER July 2009 – July 2012
American School of Quito, Ecuador (fcaq.k12.ec)
This is a K-12 private school that provides is an accredited SACS, and MYP/ IB school, it is one of the most prestigious of Ecuador. It has a national student body of around 1500 students.
* Design MYP-based curriculum that provides for differentiated instruction, scaffolding, various learning styles and creativity.
* Create and coordinate cross-curricular projects and Units with other teachers.
* Attend and assist in professional development workshops of MYP program and technology.
VOLUNTEER AND TRANSLATOR Sep. 2005 – Aug. 2006
Maria’s Children Rehabilitation Arts Center, Moscow, Russia (mariaschildren.ru/en)
This is a non-profit organization that works with orphanages in and around Moscow, using community service and art projects as a means of social rehabilitation for kids with special needs.
* Translate text of website into English, provide English lessons to older orphans.
* Chaperone group excursions to children's hospitals, orphanages and clowning trips.
* Help to organize and manage logistics of annual summer/winter camp retreats.
ESL TUTOR / PROGRAM COORDINATOR 2004-05; 2007-08
DC Schools Project, Center for Social Justice, Georgetown University (https://csj.georgetown.edu/dcsp)
This is a program that offers individual and group ESL support to immigrant adults and youth in Washington, D.C.
* Design and teach weekly ESL class lessons for adults in local community center.
* Coordinate operative logistical support for student tutors and tutees, including transportation routes and lesson planning.
* Draft social and academic reports that summarize individual needs and academic progress with school teachers.
* Interpretative assistance between immigrant parents and GU tutors in the program.
MASTER OF SCIENCE G.P.A. 4.0 June 2012
Buffalo State University, NY, USA Major: Multidisciplinary Studies - International Teaching
BACHELOR OF ARTS G.P.A 3.45 June 2009
University of Georgetown, Washington, D.C., USA Majors: Spanish and Russian Studies
ADVANCED STUDIES / I.B. DIPLOMA G.P.A. 4.3 May 2003
Washington-Lee High School, Arlington, VA, USA
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES:
* Regent’s Citation Award, 2009, Georgetown Faculty of Language and Linguistics
* Dean's List, Georgetown University, 2007-2009
* RFL Level (II) Proficiency Certificate, May 2007, Lomonosov State University, Moscow, Russia
* Advanced Level Proficiency Certificate, Intercultura, Costa Rica, 2003
* High School Class Valedictorian, 2003
* National Honor Society, 2001-2003
LANGUAGES: English (Native), Spanish (Fluent), Russian (Conversational)
INTERESTS: Running, Soccer, Painting/Art, Reading, Meditation/Mindfulness
Personal artist website and blog found at: ------------
Professional references available upon request.
art, esl, english, social studies, teacher, curriculum, humanities, social studies, middle school