ERIN LAW, MSW
Smithtown, NY 11787 ♦ ------------ ♦ ------------
Creative, compassionate and motivated social worker with vast medical experience in both Hospital and Article 31 clinic settings. Works effectively with patients and families, fostering trusting relationships and advocating for the clients' best interests. Experience working with clients from a wide range of backgrounds acting as a guide and collaborator through difficult situations. Academically trained in Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Hardworking therapy practitioner with a keen interest in the health and wellness industry, driven to improve patient lives with high-quality and caring support, seeking a challenging new role.
• Strengths-based practitioner • Goal oriented, critical thinker
• Patient focused and patient centered • Compassionate, genuine, engaging
COMMUNITY COUNSELING AND MEDIATION / Brooklyn, NY (Sep 2017 – May 2018)
• Managed a caseload of 10-12 weekly clients, delivered comprehensive psychotherapy to children, adolescents and adults,
reviewed charts and documentation appropriately, produced clear progress notes.
• Conducted thorough clinical assessments and biopsychosocials while striving to build the foundation of a therapeutic
relationship, formulated appropriate diagnoses, and imparted psychoeducation.
• Developed individualized treatment plans, adhering to clinic standards, employed evidence-based treatment and
interventions in sessions. Utilized social work skills, values, ethics and competencies within scope of practice.
ST. CHARLES HOSPITAL / Port Jefferson, NY (Sep 2017 – May 2018)
• Facilitated therapeutic groups and individual sessions within inpatient hospital setting, focusing on person-centered care.
Provided counseling and support to clients with substance abuse, instilling hope while maintaining healthy boundaries.
• Developed goal-oriented and psychoeducational therapy groups to improve clients' level of functioning, led independent
lectures. Group activities and topics taught life skills, effective communication and self-care.
• Rendered extensive case management services, following up on treatment plans and connecting clients and families to
proper resources. Collaborated with members of hospital healthcare teams to provide effective discharge planning.
• Enhanced smooth discharge by uplifting and reassuring clients throughout transitions, with support in the process.
THE FOUNDERS ROOM / Huntington, NY (Sep 2016 – Present)
• Establishes a good rapport with clientele using a friendly attitude and charismatic personality. Ensures a lively
atmosphere and promotes theme of venue at all times. Customer service expert with a warm, hospitality mindset.
• Responsible for enriching member experience and encouraging new members to join.
SUNY STONY BROOK | Master of Social Work, 2019 | Integrative Health Specialization COLUMBIA COLLEGE CHICAGO | Bachelor of Fine Arts, 2013 | Advertising Art Direction CASA SPANISH | TEFL Certification | Buenos Aires, Argentina
Brentwood Residential Center/ 2014-Present
Worked with juvenile girls who are incarcerated and participated in activities such as art and crafts, book club, reading and writing. Envision Unlimited/ March 2015 - August 2015
Led art classes for adults with disabilities including drawing, painting and sculpture.