Equity Research Intern
I am a business- minded undergrad and personal investor pursuing a Math and Data Science degree. I am seeking to learn and work at the interface of investment finance, entrepreneurship, and business development. I believe I have a unique skill set of both technical and fundamental skills that has led to my investment success.
California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Expected:06/2020
Concentration: Applied Mathematics
Minor: Data Science
Overall GPA: 3.56
Major GPA: 3.80
Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), R, and Python (Data Structures and Algorithms)
Personal Skills: Time Management, Desire to Learn, Self-motivation, and Ability to Work Under Pressure.
Technical Skills: 3-D printing, Soldering, Autodesk Inventor
Financial Skills: Accounting, DCF analysis, Comparable Company Analysis, and Precedent Transaction Analysis.
Leadership Skills: Effective Communication, Delegation, Transparency, and Risk Management.
Languages: Spanish (4 years taken).
Taylor Frigon Capital Management, LLC October 2017- Present
Equity Research Intern
• Worked under the Director of Research to analyze companies for primarily the Taylor Frigon Core Growth Fund (TFCGX).
• Analyzed SEC filings, company presentations, and earnings calls to determine overall financial condition, business model, and disruptive aspects of products/services.
• Utilized stock forecasting software to compute revenue and earnings growth in order to quantitatively determine a company's growth potential.
• Extensively researched company's leadership potential and macro-economic trends that could affect their performance in the market.
SLO Consulting Group, San Luis Obispo, CA April 2017- Present
• Manage relations with passed, current, and prospective clients.
• Lead a team of skilled individuals to execute specific engagement tasks in a strict timeline.
• Provide unique branding vision to modernize clientele image and increase brand equity.
• Develop and implement in depth marketing campaigns to target specific demographics.
Personal Investor, Fremont, CA June 2016- October 2017
• +31.2% 1-year return and +26.98% on total portfolio returns.
• Consistently outperforming major indexes.
• Utilize quantitative tools such as RSI, moving averages, and Fibonacci lines.
• Perform market research and analysis to maximize opportunities and ROI.
Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Case Competition San Luis Obispo, CA October 2016
• Used DCF and Comps analysis to quantitatively value a company considering a M&A deal
• Performed competitive analysis on the industry landscape of both parties.
• Concluded with a recommendation for whether the businesses should be sold and a fair value for acquisition.
• Created a detailed and informative pitch deck that effectively outlines our valuation, recommendation and any
economic assumptions we made to further justify our recommendation.
Awards, Honors, & Licenses
Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout Rank April 2016-Present
Dean’s Honor List Fall Quarter 2016