College: University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) – Department of Biology
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Ecology, Evolution and Behavior
Major GPA: 3.62 Graduated: June 2002
Academics Etc., Palos Verdes, CA June 2017 – Current
• Taught AP Environmental Science, AP Biology, Honors Marine Biology, Math (up to Algebra 2), English, and
History to students from grades 1-12.
• Implemented classroom recycling program.
• Responsible for opening and closing center for the day.
Towards Zero Waste, Los Angeles, CA August 2008 – May 2018
Past Clients: SoCalVegFest, Fais Do Do, Green Festival, Artivist Film Festival, Greener Fest
• Created a Los Angeles based green events production company, Bright Green Events LA.
• Reduced environmental impact of small networking events to large festival events on varying budgets with waste management.
• Composted, recycled all things recyclable and promoted the use of biodegradable and reusable products.
• Implemented waste management environmental education to event participants.
• Trained volunteers and staff on towards zero waste management and towards zero waste education.
New Vision Education, Los Angeles, CA May 2008 – August 2016 Teacher
• Taught Biology, Math, English, Political Science, Social Studies, Environmental Studies,
Science, Speech, Book Club and Newspaper in Education to students from grades K - 10th.
• Developed various curriculum for most subjects and most grade levels, focused on environmental topics.
• Implemented eco arts and crafts and creative reuse into curriculum.
• Created and managed a school wide recycling program (9 years).
Nonprofit and Green Business Consultant, Los Angeles, CA January 2005 – July 2008
• Researched and reported on emerging green technology fields, green job development, environmental policy
and green business sustainability goals.
• Filed small business certification.
• Filed CEQA compliance.
• Managed websites and created e-social media networking pages.
• Researched potential funding sources and developed contacts with potential funders for program expansion.
• Consulted strategically on program planning, proposal writing and program budgeting.
• Wrote, edited and submitted numerous proposals for various nonprofits and small businesses, always before the
• Facilitated the 501(c) 3 nonprofit tax status filing process.
• Recruited, trained, managed and delegated tasks to grant writing assistants and interns.
Land For Good, Keene, New Hampshire September 2007-April 2008
• Managed websites, facilitated grant research and submission, managed all administrative tasks and worked on
marketing and outreach associated with sustainable farm land management.
National Park Service (NPS), Thousand Oaks, CA June 2006-August 2007
Environmental Policy Assistant
• Assisted the NEPA Coordinator in facilitation, research and implementation of the Environmental Review
Program for the entire park via an online program.
AquaPlanet Foundation, Hawthorne, CA June 2018 – Current
Part-time Assistant Director
• Developed mission statement.
• Prepared documents for lawyer to file 501c3 status..
• Researched and presented potential funding opportunities.
• Organized, hosted, networked potential nonprofit partners and opportunities.
• Fundraised and maintained relationships with donors.
LA Green Drinks, Los Angeles, CA November 2008 – Current
• Organized, hosted and did follow up on monthly LA Green Drinks events.
• Managed and utilized iContact e-mailing list, LA Green Drinks Blog and LA Green Drinks Facebook page.
• Booked event locations and speakers.
• Developed and maintained relationships with sponsors.
• Networked often, connected people and businesses.
Friends of Colorado Lagoon, Long Beach, CA Summer 2019
• Restoration of native plants around the lagoon. Collected and dispersed native seeds. Removed invasives.
Don't Waste Long Beach, Long Beach, CA Fall 2017
• Organized, volunteered and attended City Council meetings in order to promote a Zero Waste Policy for the City of Long Beach.
Permaculture Certification, EarthFlow Designs, Los Angeles, CA Winter 2012
• Learned about permaculture principles and implemented them in a group project.
CRRA Certified Resource Management Professional, SMC Fall 2010
• Received a scholarship to complete a professional course in Resource Management.
• Focused on Zero Waste principles.
Occidental College, Eagle Rock, CA Spring 2005
• Completed a California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) workshop.
Grantsmanship Center, Los Angeles, CA 2004
• Obtained a Grantsmanship Training Certificate in grant writing.
environmental policy, environmental compliance, environmental consultant, environment, eco, nature