Economics and Accounting at the University of California, Santa Barbara
University of California, Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, Ca
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Accounting Expected Graduation: June 2018
• GPA: 2.96
• Relevant Coursework: Microeconomics / Statistics / Mathematics / Financial Accounting
El Camino College Torrance, CA
Associate of Arts in Economics Graduated: June 2016
• Major GPA: 4.0 Cumulative GPA: 3.37
• Honors: Deans List 2013
• Relevant Coursework: Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Microeconomics
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Lamps Plus Torrance, CA
Sales Associate April 2014 – September 2016
• Performed basic bank reconciliations under the supervision of bookkeeper.
• Trained three new employees on warehouse procedures, inventory procedures and selling strategies resulting in a strong, orderly and productive team within two weeks of their hiring date.
• Maintained adequate follow-up with customers via email or phone.
• Assisted with preparing inventory worksheets using Microsoft Applications which facilitated warehouse procedures.
Sears Torrance, CA
Sales Associate October 2013 – January 2014
• Collaborated with employees in a team-oriented environment to work on sales projects to attract a loyal clientele.
• Addressed customer complaints during high volume hours to help them identify their needs and direct them to appropriate departments.
• Handled all cash and credit card transactions, counted and balanced cash drawers which resulted in promotion to shift leader.
Financial Analysis & Management Education club Santa Barbara, CA
Member October 2016 – Present
• Assembled valuation and financial modeling to estimate company assets.
• Learned logical arrangements to use in excel to have a clear idea of what models do.
• Applied general knowledge of: US GAAP, accounting and financial statements to present information about companies.
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Languages: Fluent in Spanish: Native language
Activities: Financial Analysis & Management Education club, Undergraduate Accounting Society, Finance Connection
Interests: Day Trading, Classical guitar, swimming, Mountain biking, UCSB investment fund