Dynasia Ballon's Resume
Dynasia Z. Ballon
501 Highway 54 Bypass Apt G2, Carrboro, NC 27510
North Carolina Central University School of Law
Juris Doctor expected, May 2021
• Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
• Women’s Law Caucus
• 3.39 GPA
• Bachelor of Arts in English Arts
• Phi Alpha Delta Pre Law Fraternity
• Golden Key International Honors Society
Jersey City Board of Education
Substitute Teacher (June 2016 – June 2018)
• Fulfilled short and long term teacher assignments in all subjects (grades pre-k to 12).
• Managed classrooms of as many as twenty-five students or more depending on circumstances. Also worked alongside co-teachers on occasions.
• Constructed lesson plans to enhance learning engagement of students. Additionally, followed lessons plans provided by absent teachers.
• Adapted to the learning abilities of students with special and limited and abilities.
• Crafted progress reports for the benefit of parents and teacher regarding the development of each student.
Kohl’s Department Store
Customer Service Representative (January 2015 – May 2017)
• Handled customer inquiries and resolved the complaints of customers.
• Calculated the day’s earnings ranging from $3,000 to $5,000 during store closing. Also, provided change to cashiers during store hours.
• Processed customer returns and exchanges. Also, answered customer phone calls relating to merchandise and directed the call to the appropriate department.
Sales Associate (May 2013 – January 2014)
• Provided excellent customer service while helping customers with their purchases.
• Contributed in the display and presentation on the sales floor, including stocking, replenishing and organizing merchandise with accuracy.
• Assisted coworkers with maintaining a clean and functional sales floor.
English Department Intern (January 2016 – May 2016)
• Planned and organized campus events including: Nina Simone movie premier, Hampton University’s First Annual Film Festival and poetry events.
• Assisted in video shoots for campus news show by setting up equipment and scheduling shoot times with interviewee.
• Conducted interviews with staff, students, and other promising candidates for blog articles. Additionally, participated in open panel discussions on campus.
• Edited and revised essays and creative writings of peers.
• Phi Alpha Delta’s Evening Liaison: Communicates with evening students about upcoming events and updates within the organization.
• Jersey Cares: Homeless shelter volunteer; Tutored and mentored students of all ages.
• Golden Key Honour Society: Mentoring program.