Dylan Tran Resume
30 Malibu, Irvine, CA 92602 • xxx-xxx-xxxx • xxx-xxx-xxxx • xxx-xxx-xxxx
Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business Dallas, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance; GPA: 3.6 Expected Graduation May 2021
Activities: Real Estate Club; Sigma Nu Fraternity (Community Service/Philanthropy Committee)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Highly motivated, hard-working individual with a strong sense of integrity, diligence, and a willingness to learn.
• Excellent organizational and math skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy.
• Produce quality work under time restraints by prioritizing tasks, maintaining focus and communicating effectively.
• Finance/Accounting Skills: Accounting spreadsheet and database software; accounts receivable and accounts payable; billing and collection; accounting reports and invoices.
• Information Technology Skills: QuickBooks; Microsoft Excel (create reports & pivot tables, run queries); Word; PowerPoint; Outlook.
• Exceptional customer service and ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
• Relevant Coursework: Business, Accounting, Statistics, Finance; Information Systems & Technology.
• Multilingual: Conversational Spanish (speaking, reading, writing, and listening comprehension), Some Vietnamese.
Profile Document Management, Inc. Santa Ana, CA
Office &Accounting Assistant (Seasonal employment during college breaks) Summer 2018, Dec. 2018 – Jan. 2019
• Worked in a family-owned records management and legal support services company serving insurance companies and law firms.
• Finance/Accounting assistance: received payments, posted transactions; generated financial reports and invoices for past due accounts; assessed interest charges and transmitted invoices to clients; reconciled bank and credit statements and checked transaction records for accuracy.
• Performed business and administrative tasks; communicated with business, government and medical facilities; scheduled appointments, updated client orders; scanned documents for digital archival.
Discovery Science Center Santa Ana, CA
Exhibit Interactor and Guest Services Representative Summer 2017
• Performed inventory audit and clerical work accurately and efficiently.
• Managed science exhibits according to standard operating procedures to ensure guests’ safety during exhibit interaction.
• Interacted with & educated museum guests by sharing the science behind the exhibits; showing them how to properly use exhibits; helping them engage in mind-growing activities.
J.P. Morgan Chase New York, NY
Job Shadower July 2016
• Gained exposure to the legal and finance departments within a global financial services company.
• Observed the Assistant General Counsel, General Counsel, and various departments in meetings and conference calls; learned about finance/legal projects, budgets, contracts, negotiations, and company operations.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
Second Harvest, Irvine, CA 2015 - Ongoing Periodically
• Organize and pack food supplies at a food bank and prepare them for delivery to shelters.
• Donated food and household supplies for families in need; delivered donations from a local company to the food bank.
Restoration Haven Inc., Waco, TX Oct 2017 – April 2018
• Tutored, counseled, and encouraged socially and economically disadvantaged children to develop lifelong academic, communication, and social skills needed for personal growth and success.
St. Joseph Hospital, Orange, CA Aug 2016 – April 2017
• Performed various patient-related errands: Delivered lab specimen, medical records, and medical supplies.
• Assisted patients to hospital rooms and upon discharge.
Loaves and Fishes Shelter, Santa Ana. CA Jan 2014 – March 2017
• Served meals to families; Tutored and played soccer with children; Donated food and household items.
Discovery Science Center, Santa Ana, CA Nov 2015 – July 2016
• See description in Professional Experience section above
Organized, Team player, Microsoft Excel