In over 15 years of my work experience, I've worked closely with CEOs and senior leadership who've envisioned great companies and ventures and bought them to life. In a slew of roles spanning, EA to the CFO, EA to the Talent Head, Program Management and General Management I've worked cross-functionally in organisations to take them from mission metrics to execution. Altitude shifting is my core strength and have found myself (and thrived) in situations where I've gone from top-level strategy to ground level execution. Research, Planning, Goal Setting, Authoring and Program Management are a few areas that I've delved into on a day-to-day basis and this comes naturally to me; growth & product strategy, communications (internal and external) and market forecasting are a few things I've picked up and looking to do more of.
Lightspeed India Partners Oct 2018 - Present
Lightspeed is an American venture capital firm focusing on early stage investments in the enterprise technology and consumer space. I joined Lightspeed India when they were a team of 13.
● Supporting the CFO and Talent Director - managed administrative functions, including complex calendar management with focus on proper allocation of executive availability.
● Boosted executives’ productivity by consolidating and distributing disproportionate time spent across functions and reporting time share patterns.
● Coordinated complex annual meeting held in US involving multiple presenters, 100 + global attendees, and budget of $ 200000 encompassing livestream production, remote location arrangements, and associated travel for all speakers and attendees, facilities and support services.
● Single-handedly organising team events like company offsite, fund raising meet for global investors, group meetings etc.
● Oversee, plan and support marketing activities such as social media and website along with the external vendors.
● Research and Planning for team wide rewards and recognitions and festive gifts.
● Developed and updated spreadsheets and databases to track employee reimbursements and vendor payments for offices in India & South-east Asia.
● Provided back-up assistance for the MD during his assistant’s absence.
● Coordinated domestic and international travel arrangements, including booking airfare, hotel, visas and ground transportation.
● Asset management and procurement, upkeep office equipment and maintenance
● Coordinated interviews & recruitments of senior level candidates and assisted in driving the on boarding process of new hires and orientation.
Ernst & Young LLP Jul 2011 – Sep 2018
Ernst & Young is one of the largest professional services networks in the world with headquarters in London. I had joined EY as an Executive Assistant to the Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) Head & also Virtually assisted a Director based in London office.
● Actively managed the calendars of TAS Head, Partner and Director with an overall understanding of business priorities to offer alternatives, trade-offs and consideration of the most efficient use of Project Leaders time.
● Provided administrative support to senior leadership and members of executive team while maintaining confidentiality.
● With complete access to the executives’ mailbox, proactively responded to emails and other correspondence to facilitate communication and determined the most appropriate next steps from scheduling standpoint.
● Working closely and extensively with offices in London & Dubai.
● Produced accurate office files, updated spreadsheets and crafted presentations
to support executives.
● Assisted the executives in generating and analysing MIS reports.
● Project progress & budget monitoring.
● Created weekly expense reports and timesheets.
● Performed administrative tasks such as booking travel, scheduling facilities and equipment etc.
● Review staff expenses and travel claims, ensuring they are in line to the company's policy.
The Indian Express May 2010 – Jun 2011
Indian Express Limited is an Indian news media publishing company. It publishes several widely circulated dailies, all over India. I had joined The Indian Express as an Executive Assistant to the Editor-in Chief (Shekhar Gupta).
● Created highly effective organizational & filing systems, including quick & thorough indexing, filing & offsite storage, resulting is easy access to critical information & streamlined office functioning.
● Management of all correspondence on behalf of editor in chief's which included incoming and outgoing mail, emails, high volume of incoming calls, invitations and letters.
● Managed complex and frequently changing travel arrangements and coordinated pre-planning of trips.
● Handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion & analysing reports, emails and memos to determine their significance of distribution
● Developed and maintained internal client filing system using Google drive.
● Handled all scheduling and logistics planning for conferences and monthly meetings.
● Coordinated with the celebrity guests and NDTV (media) channel for the TV show (Walk the Talk) conducted by the Editor in Chief.
● Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills while interacting with high-profile individuals, politicians and celebrities.
Kingfisher Airlines Nov 2005 – Apr 2010
Kingfisher Airlines Limited was an airline group based in India. Until December 2011, Kingfisher Airlines had the second largest share in India's domestic air travel market. I joined Kingfisher as a flight attendant and was promoted to In-flight Manager within 6 months of joining.
● An interface between the guest & the carrier, ensuring the passenger experience on board to be a pleasant one by attending to their needs and providing high level of customer service.
● To lead and supervise the team and Conduct team briefing prior to each flight.
● Monitor crew’s performance and appraisals of Flight Attendants
● Plan and organize the flight depending on the sector, passenger profile, duration etc.
● Making reports, updating system, sending emails and maintaining logbooks.
● Assisting medically unfit passengers, unaccompanied minors, prisoners, disabled passengers.
● Understand anticipate and deliver the highest level of service by availing all passenger requests in a timely manner and maintaining integrity, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
● Only employee to be rewarded with additional bonus at Lightspeed India Partners in recognition of Exceptional performance.
● Gained a reputation for working well on a team, receiving a 'Team Player' award with Ernst & Young.
● Promoted to In-flight manager within 6 months of joining Kingfisher Airlines.