Devin Thomas Resume
Devin Thomas 5125 Willow Vale Way, Elk Grove Ca, 97578 |------------ |
A position in sports media where I can make effective use of my skills, sports knowledge, and abilities towards
achieving the goals of the organization.
Project Management Computer Proficiency
Strong Verbal Communication MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Conflict Resolution Internet Research
Client Assessment and Analysis Data Management
Marquette University Milwaukee, WI
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mass Communication 2015-17
Westchester Community College White Plains, NY
Associate’s Degree in Mass Communications 2012-2014
Sports Blogger April 2016-Present
● Covers the New York Knicks on a daily basis
● Uses latest syndication and blogging tools with HTML, when appropriate.
● Produces a consistent visual image on blog(s) including maintenance of templates and image archives
● Ensures blog is accessible from a variety of different environments.
● Responds promptly to blog comments and email
Online Content Promoter Jan 2018- Present
● Contributes sports content to the team and game walls for all the professional teams within your region
● Promotes SPORTalk by building awareness, excitement, and buzz around your team and game walls
through social media
ESPN/Good Karma Milwaukee, WI
Summer Intern May 2015 –September 2015
● Helped produce content for live radio shows
● Edited audio and videos
● Created input for radio shows
● Promoted station using social media and by working sporting events.
The Winner's Circuit, Sound View Community Media Bridgeport, CT
Co-Host/ Executive Producer March 2012- October 2013
● Co-Hosted of a weekly sports show providing analysis for essential topics in sports
● In charge of planning the direction of the show, while selecting topics that provoke analysis and
● Wrote scripts that reflect a conversational style
● Edit videos for highlight packages
● Conducted in-field interviews with coaches and athletes that are covered during the broadcast
● Selected specific on air graphics for the broadcast to enhance the viewer experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
Chevron Elk Grove, CA
Customer Service Rep October 2017-Present
● Provides top quality customer service at all times and to every customer.
● Performs daily station cleaning and maintains a safe work environment. Complies with company
standards on carding customers for all age restricted products.
● Prepares food & drinks, cleans, stocks and maintains food prep area in compliance with health codes.
● Stocks and merchandises as instructed by management.
● Secures all funds in safe or register. Makes timely drops and maintains cash drawer at or below
maximum level. Conducts Loss Prevention Observations, Loss Investigations and Near Loss
Starbucks Hartsdale, NY
Shift Supervisor/Barista May 2011-December 2014
● Worked under pressure and managed time efficiently.
● Sparked revenue through sales techniques.
● Worked directly with regional managers to achieve coffee sales goals
Madison Square Garden Manhattan, NY
Club Seat Runner/ Server/ Host November 2010-September 2012
● Assembled and implemented orders for transport to club seats.
● Ensured orders were delivered timely and correctly, delivered and re-supplied menus to seats.
Social Media, Data Entry