Woodbridge, VA 22192 |------------ | ------------ | ------------/in/ethel-wooten-3b1263195/
Interior Designer & Consultant
Highly creative, detail-oriented Interior Design Leader with stellar 17-year background utilizing expertise in design development and processes, project oversight, client relationship building and construction operations. Highly skilled at directing remodeling, interior design and new home build projects, with confidence to approach design challenges with innovation and ambition. Technical proficiency in layout and design computer/tablet applications.
Project Management | Design Quality & Inspection | Team Leadership & Inspiration | Sales & Closing Processes |Furniture & Fixtures |Interpersonal & Listening Skills | Cost Estimation | Public Speaking & Presentations | Services & Product Knowledge
Design Sketching & Outlining | Customer Relationship Management (CRM) | Space Proportion & Scale |Color, Light & Texture
INTERIOR DESIGNER / CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Jan 2012 – Present)
Eye for Elegant Style – Woodbridge, VA
Designed and led development of distinctive, purposeful and functional spaces by providing various services including remodeling, interior design and reo renovations, and coordinating and overseeing execution of tasks during all phases of project cycle for facilities-related renovations and construction projects. Responsibilities and experience consisted of kitchens, baths, plumbing and lighting selections, and furniture, fixtures, equipment and space management.
• Ensured efficient execution and delivery of design projects by confirming client’s goals, requirements, budget and schedule. Also determined costs, sourced materials, developed timeline to monitor progress, and inspected final design.
• Demonstrated design skills and expertise by conceptualizing and sketching preliminary design plans, outlining client design objectives, creating mood boards and delivering presentations to communicate design concepts to client, and preparing final plans.
• Sustained optimal team performance levels by leading and collaborating with designers and architects to deliver high-quality design solutions, in addition to monitoring performance of on-site contractors, and conveying construction planning, interior design and renovations plans.
• Selected and processed orders for design materials and elements including colors, lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring and fixtures. Supervised installation of components, employed knowledge of advanced design elements such as proportion, color, light, texture & scale, and explored alternate design solutions as needed.
• As Construction Manager conducted and oversaw bid and evaluation processes, reviewed/approved construction documents and invoices, and aided in gathering customers’ design requirements, preparing cost estimates and statements of work.
SALES CONSULTANT / DESIGN CONSULTANT (June 2000 – Dec 2009)
CL Barnes Furniture; Haverty's; Danker Furniture; Room Store Furniture – Woodbridge, VA & Dulles, VA
Delivered world class consultative interior home design services, boosted sales growth and strengthened customer relationships by analyzing clients' furnishing needs, drafting plans and specifications, ensuring project adheres to timeline/budget, and ultimately bringing their vision to life.
• Quickly grew clientele base by employing networking skills and broad knowledge of furniture styles and products, engaging with clients via Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and conducting follow-up before, during and after closing sales.
• Contributed to order and services fulfillment operations by coordinating and tracking deliveries, handling order documentation, supporting and maintaining open communication with coworkers, and explaining financing plans, delivery procedures, warranties, etc. to customers.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Science, Marketing |George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Certifications: Realtor License
Interior Design, Construction, Sales