Denise Guajardo CV
190 Wyckoff Avenue Apt# 3L
Brooklyn, NY 11237
January 24, 2020
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Denise Guajardo and I am interested in a position as a Bilingual Medicaid Service Coordinator. My professional and educational background includes 8 years in a hospital setting, a B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Sociology, and B.S. in Biology. In addition, my years in the healthcare setting, coupled with my educational background and dedication will prove to be an asset to your dedicated organization. I have commitment, enthusiasm, and a great attitude, as well as, having great interpersonal skills, exceptional attention to details, leadership and teamwork skills, which makes me a good candidate in your organization.
Attached please find my CV for your review. I could be reached at ------------ and ------------
Many thanks in advance for your time, and I look forward to joining your team.
190 Wyckoff Avenue, #3L, Brooklyn, NY 11237 Email:email@example.com
------------ Home Phone
Dedicated and results-oriented professional with a bachelor’s in psychology/Biology and working experience in medicine and critical thinking and problem-solving skills seeking for a position as a Medicaid Service Coordinator within a leading organization which offers a high level of challenge, responsibility, and the opportunity for continued career growth.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Bilingual, speaking English and Spanish fluently.
● Has an excellent combination of education and experience.
● Strong background in many areas including office administration, reception, patient intake and processing, medical records maintenance, database management, computer data entry, research, data compilation and analysis, and patient relations.
● Hard working, driven, and dedicated, while skilled in many aspects of healthcare work, and is familiar with healthcare practices, standards, and protocols.
● Has worked for many leading industry organizations, and is proven in ensuring that all organizational and project goals are consistently met and exceeded.
● Possesses a firm commitment to providing the highest levels of patient care, support, and services, and is adept in working with a diverse patient population.
● Knowledge of computers, working with Word, Excel,, PowerPoint, Access, Medisoft, and other systems.
● Excellent organizational, communication, and people skills.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE NYU Trinity Clinic, New York, NY
Medical Assistant (January 2017-May 2017)
Responsible performing various patient care duties. I assist in cleaning exam rooms and equipment, triage documentation, and laboratory functions etc.
● Perform patient related functions as directed by the Physicians. Triage a patient. Interacts with medical staff efficiently. Interacts with support staff professionally.
● Maintain adequate stock in the examining rooms.
● Assist physician with wound care.
● Interpret and record information from physician accurately and in a timely manner while utilizing medical terminology and completing records per documentation guidelines/procedures within the EMR while facilitating smooth workflow with physician and /or Physician Assistant.
● Pend orders into computer as directed by physician or physician assistant.
● Perform any other duties as directed by physician (EKG’s, POCT Strep and POCT Influenza etc.)
NYU Medhattan Urgent Care, New York, NY
Medical Transcriptionist (January 2016-January 2017)
Responsible for following, observing, and scribing for provider(s), for the extend period to accurately document every aspect of each patient encountered as well as assist with the efficiency for each provider(s) by complying with the location-specific workflow and work collaboratively as part of a team to achieve these goals.
● Accompany provider(s) into patient examination room to accurately and efficiently document the encounter.
● Exhibit excellence in medical terminology and billing & coding knowledge in all documentation.
● List all proper admission or discharge diagnoses as well as follow-up care instructions as dictated by provider.
● Document the time and reasoning for, but not electronically submit, patient orders including lab tests, radiology tests and medications.
● Document any procedures performed by provider(s).
● Successfully navigate the location-specific Electronic Medical Record (or EMR) system to input documentation.
● Make and receive phone calls on behalf of provider(s).
● Inform provider(s) when diagnostic studies are completed, prepare for review, and document in EMR.
● Multi-task efficiently and effectively as required.
● Work under pressure, within time constraints. Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
● Exhibit excellent communication and listening skills.
● Concentrate on the needs of the provider(s) throughout entire shift.
● Understand and observe legal concepts (e.g. HIPAA, confidentiality).
● Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Medical Assistant (2016-2017)
Responsible performing various patient care duties and prepare patient for examinations and procedures. I assist in cleaning exam rooms and equipment, documentation, laboratory functions, ordering medical supplies, and/or providing other services under supervision of Physician and/or technician.
● Perform patient related functions as directed by the Physician and/or Physician Assistant.
● Properly document in-house medications including injectables, nebulizers, suturing techniques, and patch placement.
● Communicates directly with patients regarding their care or treatment using appropriate terminology and respectful manner. Interacts with medical staff efficiently. Interacts with support staff professionally. Proper patient education techniques.
● Maintain and help order medical supplies. Maintain adequate stock. Keep supplies orderly.
● Assist with patient care and treatment. Prepare patient for treatment or examination. Prepare the room
● with necessary supplies for exam or treatment. Set up and assist with procedures as directed.
● interpret and record information from physician accurately and in a timely manner while utilizing medical terminology and completing records per documentation guidelines/procedures within the EMR while facilitating smooth workflow with physician and /or Physician Assistant.
● Pend orders into computer as directed by physician or physician assistant.
● Perform any other duties as directed by physician or supervisor.
NEW YORK EYE & EAR INFIRMARY, New York, New York
● Responsible for office administration, answering phones, greeting and processing patients, preparing and maintaining patient charts and records, scheduling appointments, reviewing patient information, assisting with patient phone inquiries, and all aspects of patient relations.
● Provides the highest levels of administrative support for this leading medical facility.
● Greets, processes, and provides support to a large and diverse patient population.
● Also provides language translation.
HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN, New York, New York
Case Management Coordinator (2004-2008)
● Responsible for caseload management, obtaining medical information, maintaining and updating member lists, database management, determining member eligibility for care, maintaining data from vendors, providers, and members; assisting with case management-related inquiries, and member relations.
● Obtained and processed all manner of medical information, including information from medical centers, home health agencies, and physician offices.
● Updated a variety of databases, utilizing Access, Excel, WINUCS, Transplant Database, CSS Database, and SAWS, and ensured database accuracy.
● Also provided support to case managers and registered nurses.
Senior Medical Clerk (2003-2004)
● Responsible for office administration, reviewing medical records, assisting with treatment pre-approval, ensuring patient eligibility, computer data entry, medical coding work, patient relations, and handling a wide variety of special projects. Processed and reviewed all manner of medical records, and ensured the accuracy and integrity of all records and documentation.
QUEENS MEDICAL PRACTICE (a North LIJ Affiliate), Kew Gardens, New York
Medical Assistant (2002-2003)
● Responsible for maintaining treatment rooms, assisting with physical and eye examinations, assisting with injections and first aid techniques, medical coding, maintaining medical records, scheduling appointments, account collections, insurance administration, and patient relations.
● Duties included taking vital signs, EKG testing, venipuncture, urinalysis, and other procedures.
● Worked extensively in both front and back office environments.
MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE, Brooklyn, New York
Post-Bac studies in Biology.
YORK COLLEGE, Jamaica, New York
Bachelor of Science in Biology (Honors).
• NEW YORK MEDICAL & DENTAL ASSISTANT SCHOOL, Kew Gardens, New York
• Earned Medical Assistant Certification.
HUNTER COLLEGE, New York, New York
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
● Scribe in the ED Unit at Brooklyn Hospital Center.
● Volunteered and Shadowed at Beth Israel Hospital.
● Volunteered at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary.
● Researcher, York College (Protein Synthesis and Aggregation).
● Served Food and Drug Administration Internship (determined pesticides in various commodities in raw and processed food); worked in such areas as homogenizing, compositing, extraction, and other functions.
● Completed educational activity at HIP for Diabetes, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and Home Care.
● Served as a Mentor/Tutor for the Liberty Partnership Fellowship Program.
● Shadowed and volunteered at SUNY School of Optometry (C-Step Program).
● Volunteer/Service Coordinator, Hispanic Committee Organization.
● Peptides Synthesis and Aggregation Synthesis of HIAPP(12-18) Peptide: Analogies for aggregation studies. The continuation of these types of experiments provides hope to patients who suffer from amyloidal diseases, which include Type 2 diabetes. Such experiments may result to new ways of either stalling the disease, or even curing the disease, which is slowly affecting people in society today.
● FDA internships purpose to learn about health-based standards for all pesticide residues permitted on imported foods. Focus of internship was to gain knowledge of regulations, controls, and intervention into the levels of pesticides in food products. Determined pesticides in various commodities, which included fresh produce. Internship comprised of many phases, which included compositing extracting, cleanup and analysis of pesticide residue, and finalizing accurate mass measurements, selectivity, and identifying pesticides being analyzed.
● CPR Certification
● BLS Certification