Delane Kornmann Resume
1225 South 8th St. #707 | Minneapolis, MN 55404 |------------
Summary of Skills:
• Customer Service Professional with over 10 years' experience providing service to others, seeking a position in a Professional Office environment that will challenge and utilize my advanced skills in the areas of Psychology, Customer Service, Excellent Communications skills – written and verbal, Technical knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite applications – with the ability to type 50wpm.
D’Amico Catering February 2019 – December 2019
Server Minneapolis, MN
• Ensured exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet service including running food during events, buffets and plated meals. Replenished product and supplies in compliance with event standards.
• Ensured that events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, pulling, setting up and breaking down in compliance with event standards and instructions.
• Performed side work including polishing silverware, glassware and setting tables as requested by client. Set up tray jacks for delivering and clearing food.
• Helped to provide a safe and clean work environment by utilizing food-safe standards.
• Cleaned, organized and restocked equipment/product returning from catering events.
• Understood safety responsibilities as well as environmental laws by following established procedures and policies.
Marriott International March 2018 – February 2019
Public Space Attendant / Housekeeping Minneapolis, MN
• Cleaned and sanitized public areas.
• Re-stocked supplies and bathrooms.
• Vacuumed hallways and polished marble stairs.
• Cleaned windows and emptied garbage.
• Did laundry every night.
• Followed procedures in using and mixing chemicals to prevent damage to floors, fixtures and skin.
We Love Kids June 1991 – October 2011
Assistant Teacher Minneapolis, MN
• Greeted families promptly, checked in students, tracked attendance.
• Assisted with developing learning activities and instructing lessons to students.
• Provided written and verbal feedback to parents regarding student assessments, behavior observations and educational development.
Curran’s Family Restaurant May 1997 – October 2000
Server Minneapolis, MN
• Provided prompt service in a consistently busy environment - input orders, managed tables, tracked guest needs and requests, processed payment and made change.
• Delivered exceptional customer service, adapted and responded positively to busy periods to ensure repeat business and satisfied customers.
Education and Training:
Empowered Call Center Training January 2020 - Present
Twin Cities R!SE Minneapolis, MN
• Learning principles and customer Service Applications, Call Center Terminology and exploring productivity metrics and new economy service expectations.
• 21st Century Skills Development and Application; Including Teamwork, Critical-Thinking and Problem Solving, Collaboration and Creativity; and Communication
• Enhancing Emotional Intelligence by focusing on self-awareness and relationship management skills for personal and professional development applied to a call center setting.
• 42 Hour Competency-Based Certification.
Hospitality Training January 2018
HIRED Minneapolis, MN
MN Public Sector Office Specialist III January 2017 – November 2017
Project for Pride in Living Minneapolis, MN
• Excellent Customer Service Skills - including conflict resolution
• MS Word, MS Excel, Customer Service - created spreadsheet and entered data using formula
• Internship: MN Council on Disability
o Created materials to be showcased at MN History commemorating 25th Anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act.
Bachelor of Arts Degree – Psychology and Alcohol and Drug Counseling December 2016
Metropolitan State University St. Paul, MN
Associate of Arts - Accounting
Minneapolis Community and Technical College Minneapolis, MN
House of Charity October 2016 - Present
Food Prep Minneapolis, MN
• Bulk food prep including cutting vegetables and preparing desserts.
• Served meals for up to 300 people per meal.
• Cleaned tables, sweep and mopped floors.
Second Harvest Heartland Food Bank February 2015 – September 2016
Food Packaging Golden Valley, MN
• Volunteered on a weekly basis at food bank. Sorted food items by type, checked expiration date to ensure safe food consumption and worked with teams of volunteers of all ages to package food efficiently