Declan Powers Filmmaking Resume
● Recent college graduate with strong writing and production skills seeking entry-level position or internship in the multimedia/entertainment industry.
Quinnipiac University, School of Communications, Hamden, CT Bachelor of Arts; May 2016
Major: Film, Television, and Media Arts; Minor: English with Creative Writing Concentration
Sample of Courses taken: Fundamentals of Media Production I and II, Writing and Producing Media, Script Writing, Post-Production Technology, Creating Interactive Media
Wrote full-length screenplay for Senior Project – Chosen by department to be submitted to the Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriting Competition
Final Cut - Pro 7 and X Adobe Premiere CS6 Movie Magic Screenwriter Final Draft, Adobe Story and Muse, Adobe Flash
The Montecito Picture Company, Culver City, CA
Script Coverage/Development Intern
Adobe Story and Muse Adobe Flash
● Read and prepared coverage reports on screenplays and manuscripts for co-owners Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock
● Assisted company executives on the lot of Sony Pictures Studios on various administrative tasks including organizing and cataloguing submitted scripts
Quinnipiac Film Society, Hamden, CT 2012 – 2016 Member
● Selected to attend the Sundance Film Festival based on active contribution.
● Boom Operator on “The Cask of Amontillado” Quinnipiac Production, featuring industry professional cinematographer.
● Gaffer, Co-Editor, and Production Assistant in three Quinnipiac Film Society Productions
Walgreens Distribution Center, Windsor, CT/Moreno Valley, CA July 2018 - Present Receiving Team Member/Distribution Expert
● Work in receiving, picking, scanning, packing, auditing and shipping of product to customers.
● Maintain the standards and expectations of quality set by the Distribution Center.
● Walgreens Galaxy Award Winner - June 2018