DEBORAH L. GLACKEN
North Ridgeville, OH 44039
Home:------------ • Cell:------------ • ------------ • ------------/in/deborah-glacken
Proactive management professional with expertise in developing and monitoring the effectiveness of policies and processes for personnel, facilities, and information. Worked with internal and external partners to improve methods utilizing strong technical skills. Recognized for superior leadership and the ability to create and increase the capabilities and efficiency of existing programs and policies. Competencies:
• Customer Service • Conflict Resolution • Process Improvement
• Training / Mentoring • Continuity Planning • Initiative
• Collaboration • Problem Solving • Compliance/Policies
• Organization • Strategic Planning • Financial/Budget
• Critical Thinking • Investigations • Communication
MACY’S, N. Olmsted, OH
Delivered specialized customer service and sales for the holiday season. 2019
THINGS REMEMBERED, Highland Heights, OH 2018 to 2019
Provided specific consulting services to the Human Resource team, to include development of programs, systems, projects and investigations.
AMERICAN GREETINGS, Cleveland, OH 2004 to 2018
Global manufacturer and retailer of innovative social expression products with 20,000+ employees globally. Company was acquired by private equity, CD&R in 2018.
Corporate Security Manager
Administered the security and safety functions for a social expressions company with $2 billion in annual net sales, with responsibility for world headquarters, business park, manufacturing plants, and subsidiaries globally. Provided strategic leadership to a multi-layered staff of security professionals, including 5 direct reports at world headquarters, while selecting and managing contract security services for all facilities.
• Researched, developed, monitored, and managed all physical security and life safety aspects.
• First responder to medical calls.
• Served as internal organization representative for American Greetings effectively managing multiple groups, meeting and tasks
• Administered Crisis Management Plans, training, and investigative procedures company wide.
• Advised and led various departments in maintaining controls while limiting legal and financial exposure.
BS, Police Science and Corrections, York College of PA
Received Honor Degree from Behavioral Science Department
OSHA 30-hour certification
Certification in Homeland Security, Level III – ACFEI
National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Certified Fraud Examiner
John E. Reid and Associates, Interviewing and Interrogation
Wicklander – Zulawski and Associates, Interview and Interrogation Techniques
Advisory Board for Polaris Career Center
American Society for Industrial Security
American Board for Certification in Homeland Security
National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Northeast Ohio Regional Fusion Center
Northern Ohio InfraGard
Ohio Crime Prevention Association, Honorary Member
American Greetings Federal Credit Union Board