Darlene E. Wilson
1353 Hull lane
Martinez, CA 94553
Demonstrated professional with excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities. Proven collaborative skills within all levels of the organization and the community, building positive and trusting relationships. Experience in all administrative responsibilities and office management. Committed to delivering high quality results and contribution to the organization’s mission and vision.
Areas of Expertise
• Passionate ability to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
• Proven project management skills to lead a team, see projects through from inception to completion.
• Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills; proven ability to take initiative and build effective relationships and consensus across the organization and community.
• Advanced analytical abilities and problem solving skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify options for resolution.
• Models and upholds the values of candor, openness and honesty.
• Embraces organizational core values and beliefs.
• Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Suite of applications including MS Office and PowerPoint, Outlook, electronic calendar. Skilled in the use of Zoom and possess the ability to learn new technologies in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Success in reducing expenses and maintaining budgetary goals.
• Accounting functions, to include invoicing, creating purchase orders and reconciliation.
• Managed payroll efficiently for all office staff.
Director of Volunteer Services and Gift Shop/ UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Oakland CA
3 years of successful management of a volunteer program of over 400 volunteers serving in over 30 different roles.
Some highlights included the project development of new volunteer programs, by engaging the support of senior leaders and community to create new policies and new funding sources. Resulted in accomplishment of meeting patient needs, organizational goals and community interests.
• Revamped the volunteer on-boarding process; to increase efficiencies with the use of new technologies, strengthened the selection process to bring in qualified candidates expeditiously to meet departments needs. Updated office procedures to streamline processes for greater productivity. Updated website to increase user friendliness.
• Successfully created a new volunteer recognition and awards program and special events, which was well attended by volunteers, staff and administration.
Manager of Volunteer Services / St. Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor Michigan
Proven ability to develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate Volunteer Services to include recruitment, training, placement, and retention of volunteers to meet patient and organizational needs, and all associated administrative responsibilities.
• Recognized for developing innovative niche programs to improve the patient experience and to meet organizational goals.
• Developed departmental policies and processes to insure regulatory compliance.
2007 to 2009
Manager of Food Service and Environmental Services / St. Joseph Mercy Health System
Demonstrated experience leading diverse workforce of people with different cultures and backgrounds. Major focus was operational excellence and improving employee engagement through training/ development and leading by example.
Director of Food Service, Eurest Dining Service/Microsoft, Redmond, Washington
Education and Certification
Bachelor of Science Degree, Nutrition and Food Science/ Wayne State University
FEMA- National Incident Management Systems Certification
Mentor, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Seattle, Washington
Coordinator for an Annual Fundraising event for over 500 donors and guests -Child Care Network, Ann Arbor, Michigan