DANIEL SANTIAGO RODRIGUES
Raleigh, NC 27606|------------
------------ | ------------
Seeking a full-time job opportunity in mechanical engineering combining more than 3 years of experience in 3D Modeling (CAD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and Hands-on Experiments with my passions for Product Design and Innovation. Enthusiastic for working with a diverse multi-cultural team and creating new technology.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC May 2020
Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Master Thesis: Enhancing Forging Tool Life by Manipulating Die Elastic Strain Field
Santa Catarina State University (UDESC), Joinville, SC, Brazil July 2018
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, OneNote
CAD Software: SolidWorks, PTC Creo
Finite elements analysis (FEA): ANSYS Mechanical and MATLAB
Management (1 year): SAP, PTC Windchill
Manufacturing Processes: Machining, Forging, Injection Molding, 3D Printing
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE
Advanced Materials and Tribology Laboratory, Raleigh, NC August 2018 – December 2019
• Increased hot forging tool life up to 10 times by developing a novel die design using DEFORM. Using GD&T and ANSI/ASME standards, prototyped and performed experiments for validation. Exceptional oral and written communication skills to present and succeed in state-gate assessments to sponsors and publish research.
• Leadership skills to mentor students to succeed in machining classes. Good communication and technical skills to teach students how to machine and design for manufacturing in the manufacturing laboratory.
• Independent and self-starter by managing the laboratory, managing multiple projects from concept to completion, proposing validation plans, and determining project schedule and deadlines. Proven ability to identify and troubleshoot problems through analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
Embraco LLC., Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil January 2017 – July 2018
Mechanical Engineer Intern – Research & Development (R&D)
• Increased a crimping tool fatigue life in 5 times by CAD design using parametric analysis and DOE.
• Eliminated transportation problems in Asia for a family of products by providing post-sales support, transforming VOCs in CTQs and proposing a new validation test for product transportation.
• Improved interoperability and Change Management between SAP and PTC Windchill for drawings and Bill of Materials by creating an efficient and consistent documentations and reports.
• Enhanced shop floor efficiency by coordinating tasks among multiple engineering centers. Communicate effectively and work efficiently to improve workflow and results delivery of cross-functional project teams.
CAD, Mechanical Engineering, DFM, Internship, FEA