Daniel Lim Resume
University of California, Los Angeles Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Minor in Statistics Sep 2017 – Jun. 2021
Prior Academics – Cypress High School: GPA Weighted 4.36/4.00, ACT: 35/36
Honors & Awards – AP Scholar with Distinction, Cypress High School Top 5%, ACT 99th Percentile
Coursework – Micro/Macro Economics, Integration and Infinite Series, Linear Algebra/Calculus, Statistics
State Assembly Member Young Kim Buena Park, California Election Campaign Intern Jun 2016 – Nov 2016
• Recorded voter preferences sent by mail by the 200,000+ registered voters within California's 65th Assembly District.
• Organized files and assisted around the Election Campaign Office by completing various tasks as necessary.
• Reached out to registered voters by calling and informing them about polling places in their nearby area.
Incheonwon Korean Barbeque Garden Grove, California Server Jun 2017 – Sep 2017
• Provided customer service to 100+ guests every day by serving meals and accommodating any other needs.
• Conferred with management in maintaining restaurant operations through service and supply checks.
• Provided English to Korean translations for management, other works, and customers whenever necessary.
Alpha Kappa Psi - Alpha Upsilon Chapter Los Angeles, California
Active Brother - Eta Lambda Class Apr 2019 – Current
• One of 20 students given a bid from a candidate pool of 100+ UCLA students that were in attendance at rush events.
• Displayed core ideals of brotherhood, knowledge, integrity, service, and unity within and outside of the active chapter.
• Attended weekly chapter meetings and host bi-quarterly recruitment events for those within the UCLA student body.
Korean American Student Association - UCLA Los Angeles, California
Membership Director Sep 2018 – Jun 2019
• Oversaw over 80+ students, leading team-building activities and exposing them to traditional South Korean Culture.
• Created and managed a family program, ensuring that every member of the club was accounted for and taken care of.
• Conferred with various stores and restaurants around Los Angeles, closing potential sponsorship opportunities.
Korean Culture Night - UCLA Los Angeles, California
Modern Section - Performer Jan 2017 – Current
• Performed annually on a dance project team in front of 1,800+ live viewers for UCLA's Korean Culture Night.
• Showcased modern Korean Culture through dance sets by representing current and past issues within Korean society.
• Advertised the Korean Culture Show to students both within and outside of UCLA in order to promote exposure.
Community Environmental Service Club La Palma, California
Secretary Sep 2014 – Jun 2017
• Engaged in environmental projects and restoration efforts with Tree Musketeers and the Bolsa Chica Wetlands.
• Coordinated fundraising events and teambuilding activities for the 20+ members within the La Palma club section.
• Worked with other members to lead 100+ volunteers annually as a Certified Youth Planting Instructor for Arbor Day.
National Honors Society Cypress, California
Member Nov 2014 – Jun 2017
• Selected through the application process, demonstrating outstanding academic performance and citizenship.
• Served 10+ hours per semester, engaging in restoration and relief around the local Cypress and La Palma area.
• Attended weekly club meetings to discuss the club status quo and plan potential future community service events.
Cerritos Presbyterian Church Artesia, California
Missionary May 2011 – Jul 2015
• Traveled to Arizona, Mexico, and Philadelphia to host summer camps for over 150+ local children and teenagers.
• Provided canned food and clothing donated from Orange Country to locals in Sells, Arizona and Tijuana, Mexico.
• Oversaw and lead 100+ elementary school children every summer, leading them through summer camps in Artesia.
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Can speak conversational level Korean.
• Interests: Urban and Hip Hop Dance, Korean R&B and Hip Hop, Basketball, Poker.
University of California, Los Angeles