Highly competent bilingual teaching assistant who contributes passion, dedication and responsibility
to the educational, personal and social development of K-12 students.
• Mentor, guide and direct students to maximize successful academic and social growth.
• Review IEPS, executing transitional, behavioral and academic support intervention as required.
• Compassionate, understanding and cognizant of students’ issues and needs.
• Create positive and meaningful relationships with students and staff.
• Full understanding of cultural diversity with excellent communication skills in Spanish.
Ardsley Middle School, Ardsley, NY 9/19-6/20
• Teaching Assistant
o Managed daily transitional and academic activity for wheelchair bound special needs student.
o Performed clerical, classroom maintenance and instructional duties as assigned by the
o Worked 1:1 to reinforce and explain the learning materials and skills introduced and needed to
complete classroom assignments.
o Developed study tools to maximize academic performance and scribed/took notes on an as
o Collaborated with classroom teachers to successfully maintain student in an integrated setting
as determined by the IEP.
o Maintained a safe and accessible classroom working environment.
Rye Lake Campus, Southern Westchester BOCES, Harrison, NY 6/19-8/19
• Teaching Assistant
o Provided academic support for ELA and math curriculum to students on the autism spectrum.
o Assisted teacher in classroom tasks including, but not limited to, meal preparation, art
activities, technology programs, communications and schedule planning.
o Managed outdoor and recreational activities along with drop off and dismissal.
Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School, Mamaroneck, New York 4/19-6/19
• Bilingual Building Substitute Teacher (Full-time)
o Provided daily instructional coverage for all elementary grades and subjects K-5.
o Integrated Spanish language in all classroom activities on an as-needed basis.
o Followed all curriculum plans, guiding and supporting students for task completion.
o Educated, built confidence and established classroom expectations.
o Maximized positive classroom environment by managing disciplinary issues effectively.
o Drove student motivation and participation by promoting engagement in classroom
o Assisted and mentored students on an individual and group basis.
o Managed arrival, dismissal and lunch/recess activity .
o Manage classroom behavior to support teachers and contribute to a team-driven environment.
Twelve Corners Middle School, Brighton, New York 9/16-4/19
2017-2018 and 2018-2019 School Years
• 1:1 transitional and academic support for autistic students in individual and 12:1:4 settings.
o Provided support for students in all academic classrooms and art, technology and music.
o Adhered to IEP requirements, adjusting tactics as necessary to align with student goals and
o Managed behavioral issues to minimize outbursts and focus student on classroom tasks.
o Reviewed homework planner entries and ascertained work completion and submission.
o Provided parents with daily log detailing behavior, homework and academic activities.
• Created and executed cultural activities including 8th Grade Film Club and Salsa Dance Party.
2016-2017 School Year
• Managed activities for students with special needs.
o Transitioned autistic student to all classes, managing focus and organizing materials.
o Provided hands-on support in to teachers in non-academic classrooms to maximize students’
ability to execute physical projects (art, technology, PE).
o Assisted vision-impaired student with classwork, scribing and managing technical devices.
o Provided physical support to wheelchair bound student, positioning her in walking device
and co-managing daily exercise.
2016-2017 School Year
• Provided academic and managerial support to self-contained classroom teachers for 11 special
o Participated in lesson development, providing recommended materials for specific ELA and
o Managed classroom behavior to maximize effective working environment and participated
in decision-making processes for student detentions, principal visits and classroom removals.
o Navigated students through assignments, co-teaching language arts skills and building
o Utilized the routines of “Making Thinking Visible” with contributions to class projects and
evaluation of students’ work.
o Executed and oversaw science labs, assuring that projects were completed effectively.
o Contributed to student reviews in parent/teacher IEP meetings.
MANAGERIAL/ORGANIZATIONAL EXPERIENCE (1985-2016)
• Accomplished multilingual business professional with measured success in developing and
managing marketing and media initiatives for Fortune 500 companies, creating and producing
ground-breaking television programs and building strong client/agency relationships .
• Certificates: NYS Teaching Assistant Certificate Level 3
• MA, Spanish, Middlebury College, Madrid, Spain.
• BA, Spanish, SUC @Fredonia, NY. Junior Year Abroad, Universidad de Valencia, Spain.