AUSTIN J. D’ANGELO 2804 Breckenridge Blvd. Eagleville, PA 19403 xxx-xxx-xxxx |xxx-xxx-xxxx
Driven, High-Achieving Health Science and Health Care Business Major
• Dedicated junior who effectively juggles full academic schedule and 20-25+ hours per week of rigorous athletic/aquatics training and competition
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills have also enabled meaningful participation in volunteer roles supporting individuals with disabilities.
• Seeking to channel considerable energy, people skills and work ethic into challenging summer internship that aligns with future career goals in health care sector sales, athletic training and management.
Proven Skills: Time Management | Organizational | Reliability | Goal Oriented | Leadership|
Supervision | Teaching | Teamwork | Influencing | Sales | Oral/Written Communication
Assistant Swim Coach |Upper Merion Sting Rays, King of Prussia, PA Consecutive Summers 2016-2018
Provided swimming instruction at exclusive country club. Taught groups of up to 14 student’s ages 3-14 years old. Individualized training techniques to maximize their needs and addressed injuries and those with disabilities. Maintained positive demeanor while mentoring students overcome fear to achieve desired goals. Created and coordinated aquatic activities to lessen injury. Adhered strictly to all safety procedures and maintained current American Red Cross lifeguard certification.
• Earned outstanding reputation with students and parents leading to busy and lucrative pipeline of private swim lessons conducted during off hours, averaging 15 students per summer
Lifeguard | Shannondell at Valley Forge| Audubon, PA Summer 2015
Attentively monitored swimmers being quick to react to those in distress.
Shared tips with patrons on swimming techniques and strength training.
Maximized customer satisfaction by greeting all pool patrons with courtesy and resolving any issues promptly with a positive understanding and demeanor.
Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
Health Science Major, Business Health Care Minor - B.S. Anticipated May 2020
• Relevant Coursework: Anatomy | Chemistry and Biology | Nutrition and Health |Principles of Marketing | Management Organized Behavior| Medical Terminology |Substance Use & Abuse
• Extracurricular: Scholarship recipient Division 1 Men’s Swim Team, MVP award, Multi medals in both 100 and 200 Breaststroke and medley relay.
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES / PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION
Event Volunteer | Fundraiser | Special Olympics
Health Science, Energetic, Enthusiastic, Hard Worker, D1 Swimmer