California State University, Los Angeles Aug 2018-May 2020
Master of Science in Psychology, specialization in false memories and law
Thesis title: Deceptive storytelling and false memories
• GPA: 3.925
Dr. Steven Frenda’s Memory Laboratory: CSULA Aug 2018-May 2020
Graduate Student Researcher
• Designed studies, conducted literature reviews, prepared materials for IRB submission, collected and analyzed data, hosted weekly lab meetings, and prepared manuscripts.
Dr. Mitchell Eisen’s Forensic Psychology Laboratory: CSULA Oct 2018-Apr 2019
Graduate Research Assistant
• Conducted experimental sessions, administered questionnaires, and collected data
Dr. Steven Frenda’s Memory Laboratory: CSULA Sept 2017-Apr 2018
Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Conducted literature reviews and assisted graduate students design posters
PUBLICATIONS IN PROGRESS
• Black, J. F., Frenda, S. J., Burke, J. L., Yu, C., & Knowles, E. D. Politically Incorrect: Fake News and False Memories. (Manuscript in preparation)
• Frenda, S. J., Yu, C., & Loftus, E. F. Deceptive Storytelling and False Memories. (Manuscript in preparation)
RELEVANT COURSES TAKEN
• Advanced Statistical Methods
• Sensation and Perception Graduate Seminar
• Advanced Experimental Methods
• Abnormal Psychology Graduate Seminar
• Social Psychology Graduate Seminar
POSTER PRESENTATIONS (* denotes equal contribution)
Burke, J. L.*, Cunius, M. K.*, Yu, C.*, Fenn, K. M., Frenda, S. J. (2020, March). Sleep deprivation and racial bias in memory and sentencing attitudes. Poster presented at the 2020 American Psychology-Law Society Conference, New Orleans, LA.
Burke, J. L.*, Black, J. F., Yu, C.*, Frenda, S. J. (2019, June). Politically incorrect: Fake news and false memories (follow-up study). Poster presented at the 2019 Society for Applied Research in Memory and Cognition 2019 Annual Conference, Cape cod, MA.
Burke, J. L.*, Black, J. F., Yu, C.*, Frenda, S. J. (2019, April). Politically incorrect: Fake news and false memories. Poster presented at the 2019 Western Psychological Association 99th Annual Convention, Pasadena, CA.
Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers, Ewing Law Firm: Monterey Park, CA Sept 2019-May 2020
• Planned and coordinated interviews with parents and children involved in child abuse cases, conducted interview reports, and prepared documents for lawyers to present in court.
American Psychology-Law Society 2019-Present
Society for Applied Research in Memory and Cognition. 2018-Present
Western Psychological Association 2018-Present
• SPSS, Word, Excel, Qualtrics
• Statistics: chi-square analysis, t tests, ANOVA, multiple regression
Psychology, research, cognition, memory