International student from Colombia looking forward to continuing a career in the editorial field with a transcultural perspective, based on a committed and joyful desire to bring the best of me to the industry.
A strong sense of autonomy and problem-solving skills acquired through the experience of living outside my home-country since the age of 16, mirrored in a high academic and extracurricular performance. Unwavering dedication to finding common ground with everyone thanks to effective communication skills.
INTERN – PLANETA COLOMBIA EDITORIAL
July – October 2018
Worked directly under the Head Editor in the Fiction Area for the Andean Region and engaged fully in the co-edition of 3 short-story collections.
• Through prolonged contact with authors, gained an understanding the symbiotic nature between the creative and editorial processes.
• Fulfilled administrative, financial and legal tasks for each text. Supported their style editing and design process as well.
• Became responsible for the monthly report bulletin sent to bookstores with the published works of the month, including summaries and sales pitches.
INTERN – ROOSTERGNN Global News Network
Took part in the Travel Journalism, Photography and Video Internship Seminar.
• Attended Seminars with various experts in the journalism industry, i.e PRISA Radio and El Mundo.
• Undertook an independent project writing about the poetry scene in Madrid, Spain (https://rgnn.org/2018/08/24/madrids-poetry-circuit/).
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude.
CO-EDITOR – WRITERS’ BLOCK (UCL)
September 2016 – June 2018
Co-edited of both the Prose and Poetry sections of the termly magazine published by the Writers Society in UCL.
• Responsibilities included selecting pieces to be included from the submissions, alongside working closely with authors in order to achieve the best possible text.
• Engaged in the financial side of budgeting and execution of the final product, as well as the artistic conception of the theme.
PRESIDENT – UNICEF ON CAMPUS (UCL)
May 2017 – May 2018
Responsible for a team of over 60 volunteers in planning, marketing and executing charity events to raise over £2.000 for UNICEF UK.
• More than just planning bake sales, made it a priority to engage the community with child welfare and human rights, creating events such as the Human Trafficking Awareness Week.
• Collaborated successfully with other societies such as Amnesty International and Students4Refugees in creating projects such as UCL Acts for Refugees 2018.
BACHELOR OF ARTS – ONGOING
University College London
Student of Comparative Literature and German.
• Exploring the intersections between cultural theory, philosophy, linguistics and history in literary works in a challenging tri-lingual program, including English, German and Spanish.
• Developed an understanding of literature as cultural products of social systems and deeply analysing them as modes of expression.
o Includes an Erasmus Year at the University of Hamburg in Germany (October 2018 – June 2019).
INTERNATIONAL BACCAULAUREATE – JUNE 2016
Institut Le Rosey, Rolle, Switzerland
Graduated with 39 out of 45 possible points and a Highest Achievement distinction.
• At Higher Level: English Literature, German as a Foreign Language, History
• Due to high academic expectation, acquired firm time-management skills, as well as perseverance.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE OR LEADERSHIP
ESL TEACHER – MARCH 2019
NGO Corazón sin Fronteras, Bogotá, Colombia
Volunteered in a day-shelter for to Venezuelan child (3-12) refugees suffering from homelessness with their families.
• Worked from 7 am to 5 pm in leading the English class, supporting the other academic activities and assisting in the four meal times.
• Created a 10-unit and 10-week-long class plan with materials included that the team could continue after my departure and introduced a daily meditation practice as part of initiating a closer engagement with the children’s emotional resilience.
• Supported the families in the children’s school enrolment process and registration for healthcare and state assistance.
journalism, editing, pitch, literature, transcultural,