xxx-xxx-xxxx | xxx-xxx-xxxx
25+ years of creative expertise in Sales, Management, Marketing, Customer Service, Business Development,
Event Planning, and Visual Merchandising in the retail industry. Looking to transition into a position where
occupational abilities can be utilized to their fullest potential, so as to successfully contribute to the mission of an
organization dedicated to providing exceptional consumer experiences.
♦ Proven ability to train, manage, and motivate teams to achieve revenue targets.
♦ Adept at fostering positive partnerships & relationships with stores’ personnel & clientele.
♦ Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, macOS, and Microsoft Windows.
♦ Effective organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
♦ Leads and acts with reliability, integrity, and human sensitivity.
♦ Advocate of proactive, quality customer care.
D. COX MANAGEMENT 08/12 – PRESENT
Freelance Event Planner (Chicago, IL)
● Coordinate concerts, wedding receptions, anniversary parties, round table dinners, award ceremonies, and more.
● Organize event details such as decor, entertainment, equipment, catering, promotional materials, transportation,
special guests, invite lists, and hire personnel.
● Devise all aspects of clients’ events, from conceptualization to clean-up.
● Work with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction within time limits.
● Locate & secure event facilities based on clients’ wish lists.
ADVANCED AMERICAN STYLE, INC. - New York 10/14 – 03/17
B. Michael America Brand Ambassador (Chicago, IL)
● Upheld B. Michael’s visual merchandising standards by maintaining attractive brand boutiques in Macy’s stores.
● Regularly interacted with B. Michael executives and Macy’s executives & employees to meet company
● Served as the company’s liaison, working with the receiving department to ensure timely arrival of all apparel.
● Directed the presentation, replenishment, and recovery of merchandise to boost the company’s productivity.
● Identified & targeted potential customers by organizing in-store sales events for B. Michael America.
● Consulted the company’s clients in person, via phone, and email to serve as their wardrobe stylist.
● Frequently monitored the company’s sales and inventory to keep shrinkage rates as low as possible.
L’OR ÉAL S.A./RANDSTAD HR SOLUTIONS - Atlanta, GA 11/05 – 01/14
Fragrance Sales Specialist (Illinois & Indiana)
● Improved the sales of L’Or eal’s luxury cosmetic brands such as Ralph Lauren, Giorgio Armani, and YSL.
● Strategically marketed all lines at Macy’s & Carson Pirie Scott locations to ensure maximum brand awareness.
● Conducted special sales events, demos, and new product launches to efficiently engage consumers.
● Built eye-catching product displays and gift sets to greaten L’Or eal’s consumer appeal.
● Regularly met or exceeded the company’s expected hourly quotas.
SHEAR ELEGANCE HAIR SALON - Chicago, IL 09/04 – 11/05
● Processed the payroll of all employees & assessed Shear Elegance’s fiscal performances through bookkeeping.
● Ordered beauty tools & supplies, sold the salon’s hair products to customers, and rented booths to stylists.
● Built warm, hospitable connections with clients and ensured their visits were both pleasant and satisfying.
● Provided feedback to the salon’s owner, ensuring their standards were being met at all times.
● Answered phone calls, scheduled clients’ appointments, and rotated walk-ins to stylists.
PARLUX FRAGRANCES, INC. – Fort Lauderdale, FL 04/99 – 06/04
Account Coordinator (Illinois & Indiana)
● Coordinated Parlux’s business objectives at Bloomingdale’s, Marshall Field’s, and Lord & Taylor (8 locations).
● Served as a liaison between the vendor, buying office, and assigned department stores to maximize volume.
● Ensured Parlux had the best possible sales team through comprehensive interviewing, hiring, and coaching.
● Refined our team’s sales promotions techniques, making our stores #1 in company sales, nationwide.
● Communicated frequently with the Account Executive about our stores’ results and needs.
● Analyzed the company’s weekly performances in each store, and took corrective action to gain positive results.
● Worked side-by-side with Sales Specialists to boost team morale & improve their customer service skills.
● Implemented the company’s merchandising guidelines by maintaining fragrance counters’ appearances.
● Attended personal training sessions to gain new knowledge on newly released products and company updates.
SANOFI BEAUTÉ CO. – Chicago, IL 06/90 – 04/99
Sales Specialist/Account Coordinator (Illinois & Indiana)
● Supervised Sanofi Beauté’s fragrance promoters & business expansion within Carson Pirie Scott stores.
● Engaged the company’s clients by recommending products through in-store demos & applications.
● Collaborated with the Account Executive to organize events that introduced new product to consumers.
● Monitored each store’s monthly fiscal performance, considering strengths & weaknesses.
● Developed strong working relationships with Carson’s upper management & sales associates.
● Responded to customers’ inquiries and addressed their requests in a timely, efficacious manner.
PROPER EXPOSURE BOUTIQUE – Chicago, IL 06/85 - 05/90
● Recruited, hired, scheduled, and evaluated the performances of Proper Exposure’s employees.
● Fostered a fun team environment based on fairness & superior customer service, leading by example.
● Executed cash office operational functions such as quarterly audits and annual counts of physical inventory.
● Established & oversaw the boutique’s sales plans, budgets, and variable costs to increase profitability.
● Unloaded delivery trucks; received & labeled all shipments of merchandise with security tags.
● Handled customers’ transactions as a cashier, issued receipts, and wrapped purchased merchandise.
Columbia College Chicago, Chicago, IL
Training Inc., Chicago, IL
Certificate in Business and Accounting
Customer Service, Sales Specialist, Brand Ambassador, Independent Contractor, Event Planner, Manager