Psychology – B.A. ( Expected in June 2020)
California State University Northridge (CSUN)
Psychology – A.A. (May 2018)
Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC)
• Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research (2019) – CITI Program
• Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (2018) – HIPAA certification
• Registered Behavioral Therapist (2018) – BACB
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid (2017)
SCHOLARSHIP & RESEARCH
Rojas A., & Ghaffari N. (2019, November). Function based prevention and treatment. Poster presented at the annual Fresno Applied Behavior Analysis conference, California State University Fresno.
Research Assistant (2018-present)
Functional Assessment of Healthy Behavior, Psychology Department, CSUN, Northridge, CA
• Collect direct observational data in preschool classrooms and assist in the implementation of behavioral screenings and preventive interventions.
• Prepare, manipulate and manage extensive databases.
• Provide assistance with the preparation of project- related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
• Obtain informed consent of research subjects and/or their guardians.
• Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in data bases; correct any error.
• Conduct internet-based and library research.
• Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion.
Survey Researcher (2017)
Davis Research, Calabasas, CA
• Support and plan operations for single or multiple surveys.
• Review, classify, and record survey data in preparation for computer analysis.
• Conduct research to gather information about survey topics.
Behavioral Therapist (2018-present)
A Change in Trajectory, Van Nuys, CA
• Apply behavioral procedures with school-age children and adolescents and their families
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
• Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
• Modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
• Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
• Teach personal development skills such as goal setting, independence, and self-advocacy.
Youth Mentor (2011-present)
Junior Youth Empowerment/ Ruhi Institute, Canoga Park, CA
• Train and accompany mentors for starting their own youth groups.
• Found respective populations within a neighborhood to expand the program.
• Research out to community based programs (e.g., Boys and Girls Club) and built proposal in order to create a partnership.
• Ensure the quality of all the groups and programs happening in the community.
• Make agenda for team meetings every week and schedule visits with the team.
• Plan and organize large summer/ winter camps for the younger and older youth.
Teacher’s Aide / Afterschool Program (Spring 2017)
James Jordan Middle School, Winnetka, CA
• Prepared after school enrichment activities for middle school children.
• Assisted children in reading, writing and math
• Planned field trips, activities and curriculum for kids.
• Enforced communication with parents on students behavior and performance
• Help teacher administer exams to ensure the kids are focused on their tasks
• Graded different school assignments and tests.
Medical Assistant (2014-2016)
The Retina Partners, Encino, CA
• Translate Faris/English between patients and medical personnel
• Record (mostly geriatric) patients’ medical history, vital statistics, and test results in medical records.
• Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
• Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight and height.
• Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
• Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
• Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets or physicians instructions to patients.
• Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
• Log inventory and order injectables per physicians instructions.
Inpostcard, Thousand Oaks, CA
• Take and edit pictures with company camera.
• Meet sales quota that needed to be met at every shift.
• Train and interview incoming photo-hosts.
• Maintain correct log of sales and money in the safe.
• Greet guests and hosts of the event with best quality customer services.
Social Media Manager (2014-2015)
V M, Simi Valley, CA
• Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads)
• Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
• Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, search engine optimization, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing)
Language: Fluent in Farsi and English
Productivity: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Photoshop
Los Angeles Mission (2013)
Ghaffari N., & Yegan S. (2020, January). Women in local community and international. Workshop presentation at the Encino Baha’i Community Center. Encino, CA.
Baha’i Association of CSUN (2018-present)
Student Association for Behavioral Analysis (2019-present)
CSUN- Women in Sciences (2018-present)
Dean’s List (multiple semesters) – CSUN
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Expected Spring 2020)
Sociology Department, CSUN, Northridge, CA
• Assisted with SOC 497/L Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods and Lab