CONTENT WRITER, COPYWRITER, COPY EDITOR
A seasoned content writer, copywriter, and copy editor adept at ideating, writing, copyediting, and refining large volumes of content quickly, thoroughly, and across multiple channels. Strong skills in English, grammar, and punctuation. Proficient in compelling content creation and correction of issues; the production of consistent tone, style, and formatting throughout content; and the delivery of clear, concise messaging within brand guidelines. Deadline-driven and self-motivated writer and editor who responds quickly while maintaining brand integrity, messaging, and focus.
Samples of my writing work are available at ------------/writing-samples.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• Web Content Writing
• SEO Copywriting
• Copyediting • Social Media Content
• Content Management
• Quality Control • Detail
• AP Style
• Microsoft Office
------------, Littleton, CO Sept. 2017-Present
Freelance Content Writer
Quality, custom web content creation on behalf of multiple clients.
• Delivery of polished, superior-quality content on time and beyond client expectations.
• Daily production of blogs, web articles, biographies, press releases, website content, landing pages, and more.
• Content production based on up-to-date SEO principles and practices.
• Prioritization, project management, quality control.
• Copyediting and proofreading services.
Marca Global, LLC, Denver, CO Jan. 2014-Sept. 2020
Provided leadership and focus to team of in-house and contract content writers.
• Led management and directed prioritization of content workflow for both in-house content client-focused projects.
• Created and copyedited high volume of compelling, error-free, compelling content. This included blogs, articles, social media content, press releases, client proposals, marketing materials, landing pages, and website content.
• Worked with digital marketing team in development of company website content, landing page, and blog creation that improved user experience and engagement.
• Designed and implemented quality-control process that greatly improved final product; copyedit and review projects for grammar, style, formatting, and SEO.
• Created and set schedules, priorities, and deadlines that optimized content creation process.
• Oversee production of special projects, including website copy, product descriptions, high-priority client content, and in-house blog content.
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO 2013
Created donor profiles for Colorado School of Mines Foundation website.
------------, Denver, CO 2012
Produced and optimized hundreds of online articles for numerous client-owned websites, including bios, homepages, FAQs, service lists, and more to improve search engine visibility.
• Strategically tailored content to client voice and needs.
• Developed, edited and adapted hundreds of articles with an eye toward the client’s desired outcomes.
• Collaborated with the client and the company; offered intelligent input and feedback when necessary.
• Translated limited information into coherent, engaging, SEO-strong web content.
• Delivered all content before deadline.
------------, Littleton, CO 2010-2012
Developed and published hundreds of search engine optimized articles and blog posts for a wide array of clients.
• Researched, wrote, and edited diverse articles for an array of industries.
• Proven track record of increasing site traffic and improving search engine results.
• Produced and updated weekly blog posts for clients and company.
Fort Collins Forum, Fort Collins, CO 2007-2008
Researched, prepared, and produced opinion columns focused on current events.
• Involved all aspects of the column-writing process, from research and interviews to delivering clean columns on deadline.
• Produced relevant, newsworthy content built on in-depth research and careful fact-checking.
• Actively collaborated with editor to brainstorm new content and make changes.
Other writing positions have included: Full-time Contributor for The Scene Magazine, Guest Contributor for The Collegian, and Contributor for the Colorado Editor.
Bachelor of Arts, Technical Journalism, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO - 2003